I'm not BANNED any longer!

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:30 am

Ah geez you're right - the relevant result is no longer the most recent one. #-o :lol:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby azazul » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:36 am

Its cool, I found it anyway, just thought it was funny that you added another to the result.

I'm glad that you stuck around.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Candy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:50 am

Animal wrote:
Candy wrote:I'm not the individual you see behind the counter. 8)

How is any of that (your prior post) related to Network Communications? Maybe we ain't talking about the same thing. Is there a new useless major that stole a technology-related term and applied it to something in liberal arts?

Network: The thingy that allows one computer to 'speak' to another. You know, like this whole "internet" thing.
It deals with Electronic Commerce, Project Management, Security/Technology Applications, and Wireless. You know, "Network Communications"? 8)
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby RAF » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Candy wrote:You need constant reassuance that you are a man.

I assume this was meant to be insulting. Can you demonstrate just where I have posted in such a manner as to lead you to believe that I need to "reassure" myself???

Of course not...I don't agree with you, so you have "sunk" to making simple insults.

You do realize how "immature" that is, don't you??

I feel sorry for your wife and kids. :roll:

They are fine, thanks for your "concern". Though you may not want to bring up family members when attempting to insult other posters...they might decide to bring up your family members...and that would probably result in you having another "crazy episode".
RAF
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:58 pm

Lance wrote:Why would you post that?

My real answer, had I not been dismissing you, would have simply been along the lines of "sour grapes?"

I meant to ask him directly.

RAF, are you a wannabe?

And along the lines of this(http://www.gelsana.com/sometimesthetruthsucks.JPG]), it has often been accurately said that those who can, do. And those who cannot, teach. I do. The members of the academia, teach.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: I'm not BANNED any longer!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:http://www.gelsana.com/sometimesthetruthsucks.JPG

I clicked on the link.

That's a minute of my life I'll never get back.

Man, you're good at flaunting your arrogance and pompousness. You just suck at everything else.

Sometimes the truth sucks.

Can you say anything that is NOT an insult and an attack on a personal level. I think you are not a very good person. But I don't say that in every single post I make about you.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby RAF » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Is RAF a wannabe?

You're going to have to be a bit more "specific" before that question can be answered...am I a "wannabe" what??
RAF
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:22 pm

RAF wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:Is RAF a wannabe?

You're going to have to be a bit more "specific" before that question can be answered...am I a "wannabe" what??

Are you a person who is either unemployed or has a menial job or on the verge of flunking out of college who "wants to be" someone of significance and importance and so has somehow managed to become a moderator on Plait’s discarded bulletin board in hopes of convincing himself that he is logical, scientific, non-biased and not a hypocrite?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Sometimes the truth sucks.

And which truth are you talking about? Surely not the crapola that comes out of your mouth (or fingers) every time you talk (or type).

Can you say anything that is NOT an insult and an attack on a personal level.

I usually don't. For you, I make an exception.

I think you are not a very good person. But I don't say that in every single post I make about you.

Hell, go ahead and do so if you want. I really don't care. I am a good person; I give to charities when I can, I do favors for friends, and I'm generally a nice guy -- except to sociopathic assholes who don't mind going out of their way to make people's lives miserable (whether online or offline). In that case, I just do to them something rather similar to what they do to others.

You're an arrogant moron. So I point it out on this forum, because I wasn't able to do this on the Bad Astronomy forum. I think you have delusions of grandeur, assuming yourself to be something greater than you actually are. In that sense, you are a "wannabe"; you assume yourself to be far more intelligent than everyone around you, when they show you otherwise with every post they make. You're just not able to notice; wonder why?

You're also a demanding arrogant moron. This can be seen in how you treated Lance in your post on demanding a graphic from him.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter *what* I post here, since none of it will sink in through that thick piece of bone called your skull.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:53 pm

Lonewulf wrote:

You're also a demanding arrogant moron. This can be seen in how you treated Lance in your post on demanding a graphic from him.

Does he think so? I think this is your imagination. He has done this sort of thing for me before without my asking him to. But, frankly, I find it amusing that you and at least one other guy took my asking him to help out they way that you did. It is funny.

It is funny because he is going to get a lot of recogniton for his work. More than you will get for complaining about it.

Lonewulf wrote:
Hell, go ahead and do so if you want. I really don't care. I am a good person; I give to charities when I can, I do favors for friends, and I'm generally a nice guy -- except to sociopathic assholes who don't mind going out of their way to make people's lives miserable (whether online or offline). In that case, I just do to them something rather similar to what they do to others.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

I have no beef with you.

You seem to have an axe to grind.

I have no idea why.

You give to charaties and you help out friends. Great. But this incoherent rambling shows a different light.

So tell me more.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:05 pm

Oh, I have an axe to grind for a few reasons. First reason is that you attacked a friend of mine. How, I cannot say, for he would prefer I keep things like that confidential. I also won't PM why to you, since I know you'll probably broadcast it to everyone else on the forum.

You also attack the Bad Astronomer; I guess because you're jealous of his abilities and popularity.

As for Lance... well, I'll let him speak up for himself. I don't have to talk for him.

Also, I'm pretty much pissed off at how much of a moron you were on the BAUT in the first place, as well as how many times you came in as a sock puppet. I'm also pissed at how you seem to have delusions of grandeur, assuming that you can just wile your way through anything as long as you phrase things "a certain way", or however else you do it.

As for "incoherent rambling"... well, I think that's just in your head. I'm actually being very coherent; and completely honest. On the BAUT, I had to curb my dislike for idiots. Here, I feel no such compulsion.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby RAF » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Are you a person who is either unemployed or has a menial job or on the verge of flunking out of college who "wants to be" someone of significance and importance...

I am a person of "significance and importance". (At least that's what everyone in the "real" world tells me.) But that has absolutely nothing to do with posting on message boards. I post because it's fun.

...and so has somehow managed to become a moderator on Plait’s discarded bulletin board in hopes of convincing himself that he is logical, scientific, non-biased and not a hypocrite?

I'm a Mod??? Since when?? Is all of your "information" as faulty as that bit of data???
RAF
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm

RAF wrote: I'm a Mod??? Since when?? Is all of your "information" as faulty as that bit of data???

I think he was referring to Wolverine, or some other moderator. I'm not sure, I can't even pretend to know what goes on in Thompson's head.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:39 pm

RAF wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:Are you a person who is either unemployed or has a menial job or on the verge of flunking out of college who "wants to be" someone of significance and importance...

I am a person of "significance and importance". (At least that's what everyone in the "real" world tells me.) But that has absolutely nothing to do with posting on message boards. I post because it's fun.

...and so has somehow managed to become a moderator on Plait’s discarded bulletin board in hopes of convincing himself that he is logical, scientific, non-biased and not a hypocrite?

I'm a Mod??? Since when?? Is all of your "information" as faulty as that bit of data???

ok, I was just asking.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
RAF wrote: I'm a Mod??? Since when?? Is all of your "information" as faulty as that bit of data???

I think he was referring to Wolverine, or some other moderator. I'm not sure, I can't even pretend to know what goes on in Thompson's head.

Where ever I go, you follow. It must be love.

You feel a need to argue or debate me. But, at the same time, you regard me as an idiot. So you like debating idiots? You must have a need to make yourself feel a bit smarter than them. That is pretty sad. You must be very insecure about your own intellect.

And layered on top this supports my notion about your character.

I don't think I ever start anything with you. Or, for that matter, see why you inject yourself in discussions I am having with other people. So it must be love -- some sort of love where you like to abuse men you don't even know.

Let me guess. You are going to feel the need to defend himself against this post as well. Let's see if you respond...
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Where ever I go, you follow. It must be love.

Sure. I "love" you. Yeah, that makes sense. :)

You feel a need to argue or debate me. But, at the same time, you regard me as an idiot. So you like debating idiots? You must have a need to make yourself feel a bit smarter than them. That is pretty sad. You must be very insecure about your own intellect.

Yes, you're so right. I feel SO insecure about my intelligence. I feel the need to go out of my way to "debate" idiots. Sure.

By the way, how could you call anything I said a "debate", or even an "argument"? All I've done is randomly insult you. There is no debate in randomly insulting someone.

And layered on top this supports my notion about your character.

OMGzors!!! Bil Tompson haz a noshun about my chacter!!!! That suxxorz. :cry:

I don't think I ever start anything with you. Or, for that matter, see why you inject yourself in discussions I am having with other people. So it must be love -- some sort of love where you like to abuse men you don't even know.

As opposed to using people, like Lance, at whim? Or maybe claim that others are making faulty arguments, when you can't even make a good one?

Let me guess. You are going to feel the need to defend himself against this post as well. Let's see if you respond...

"You are going to feel the need to defend himself"? That doesn't even make sense. I don't feel the need to defend anyone anyways, even myself, but who do you mean by "himself"?

Anyways, aside from your grammar error, how exactly am I "defending" myself? It seems that, in the majority of cases, I'm being completely aggressive, not defensive. Do you know the difference?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Animal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:13 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Lance wrote:Why would you post that?

My real answer, had I not been dismissing you, would have simply been along the lines of "sour grapes?"

I meant to ask him directly.

RAF, are you a wannabe?

And along the lines of this(http://www.gelsana.com/sometimesthetruthsucks.JPG]), it has often been accurately said that those who can, do. And those who cannot, teach. I do. The members of the academia, teach.

Do what, exactly? I've yet to see anything in any of your posts that would lead me to understand your competencies on any topic.
Animal
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Candy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:31 am

RAF wrote:
Candy wrote:You need constant reassuance that you are a man.

I assume this was meant to be insulting. Can you demonstrate just where I have posted in such a manner as to lead you to believe that I need to "reassure" myself???

Of course not...I don't agree with you, so you have "sunk" to making simple insults.

You do realize how "immature" that is, don't you??

I feel sorry for your wife and kids. :roll:

They are fine, thanks for your "concern". Though you may not want to bring up family members when attempting to insult other posters...they might decide to bring up your family members...and that would probably result in you having another "crazy episode".

I'll apologize for bringing up your wife and kids. My bad.

As for reassurance, I did not mean it as an insult. I meant it as an observation. I remember you posting about driving a jeep (or something), and how excited you were that women gave you a second look. That's what I read into your post from several months ago. To me, that is telling the BABB/BAUT it made you very happy to be thought of as a sexual being. Edit to add: It also tells me in the real world, that you don't often feel "manly". I could be wrong, but it is just an observation.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:29 am

Funny, I hadn't planned on coming back. I just unsubscribed to everything
about 30 minutes prior to receiving this email. It's nice to know we agree
on something. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Plait, aka The Bad Astronomer" <badastro@badastronomy.com>
To: <candy.stair@att.net>
Cc: "Fraser Cain" <info@universetoday.com>; <badastro@badastronomy.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:55 PM
Subject: Permanent banning from BAUT

Here's my new official permanent banning from BAUT (not the whole email), and my reply to Phil.

I'll post the whole email if Lance grants permission. Don't worry, I'm so not crying this time. For some reason, I just don't care. :lol:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby RAF » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:47 pm

RAF wrote:
I'm not banned any longer!

Patience...it'll happen...

Told you so...
RAF
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Candy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:53 pm

you are so smart.

they should wrap you in bubble

then smother you..
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Candy wrote:you are so smart.

then smother you..

I actually meant to smother him... is tha a bad thing?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby RAF » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Candy wrote:

then smother you..

Bad, good, it really doesn't matter because there's a big difference between what you "mean" to do and what you actually can do.
RAF
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Candy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:17 pm

RAF wrote:
Candy wrote:

then smother you..

Bad, good, it really doesn't matter because there's a big difference between what you "mean" to do and what you actually can do.
Yes
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:19 pm

then smother you..

How about me, Candy? You feel like killing me, too?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)