The Automat

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby hippietrekx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I watch cartoons...

While sitting on a couch.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:51 pm

I have become a convert to The Family Guy.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:55 am

Enzo wrote:I have become a convert to The Family Guy.

I like the dog and the kid, and not much else . . .

Started watching King of the Hill, which is ending soon. Or maybe ended already. And of course South Park. And sometimes Futurama.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:17 pm

Best Cartoon in Current Production: Phineas & Ferb.

From the guys behind Rocko's Modern Life. Dig it.

Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:51 pm

Futurama was the greatest. If only it had gotten a decent time slot, rather than the unenviable 7pm Sunday "guaranteed to be preempted by football" spot. Maybe it'll catch a break on Comedy Central.

King of the Hill is, or was, one of those shows that just lingers under the radar. It got no respect from Fox, either. Sure, they never canceled it, but their promos don't do much for the show. "Tonight on Fox! On a rerun of Simpsons, Homer takes on a wacky new job as a postal inspector, while Bart does something zany and Lisa broods. Then afteranallnewkingofthehill, hilarity ensues in a rerun of Family Guy in that episode where the talking dog and the baby trade gay insults!"

Lately I don't even miss not having a TV. It'd be nice to have a couch, though.
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:04 pm

What I like about Family Guy is all the references to other things. SOme innocent scene is moving along and you suddenly realize they are doing a scene from some movie. And their version of Star Wars was so spot on, I loved it.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:31 pm

hippietrekx wrote:
pmcolt wrote:(Why can't my state have anything cool? Then it could be my bathtub that hippie was sleeping in. And we have similarities to Europe. France has red wine; we have rednecks. Italy's shaped like a boot; we're shaped like a... bath slipper? The Dutch have coffee shops; we have... every roommate I ever had in college. The similarities are astounding.)

On the upside, I don't have cash to travel to europe at the moment, but I'm sure that there's a greyhound station near your area.

But as Dragon Star will bitch to you about, I have no damn time to go anywhere. :( That's why his ass has gotta get to michigan to visit me instead of me going down to see him. Michigan vs. Florida. God Damnit!

--Dom

Yea-yea-yea, but I'm telling you that you'd have a HELL of a lot more fun in FL then I would in Michigan, and you know I'd pay your way to visit. MAKE the time. Make it a 3 day visit, that's a long weekend you know you could manage.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Left on my own to watch tv, I usually....don't. But occasionally I'll watch a couple of hours of those REAL csi type shows on truTV. But together, Himself and I watch a few dramas, like House, Bones, that kind of thing, and a lot of documentaries and such.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 pm

Dragon Star, I tend to agree. Is there a Get hippie to Florida fund to which I could contribute? (Alternatively, have you considered meeting in the middle. A three-day weekend ought to be manageable for you both, right?)

Now that I think of it, I really do miss having a TV. I can't decide what to put in the big empty space on my wall where the TV would be.
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:30 pm

It's not a money thing. It's a time thing. Once I go back to school, I'll be working every weekend to, you know, pay tuition...
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Previous

Return to Here There Be Llamas