06/06/06

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby Lonewulf » Sun May 07, 2006 2:31 pm

Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 2:42 pm

Hmmm, he seems a bit creepy for a world leader that fools billions of people into believing in him. I was thinking along the lines of a pope type person. He would have to have Muslim ties though because the Muslims are so intolerant of any other faith and there are so many Muslim people in the world. A very peaceful muslim type with political clout and a nice track record for peace mongering.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 2:52 pm

teri tait wrote:the Muslims are so intolerant of any other faith

Some Muslims. Just like some Christians. The Qu'raan preaches tolerance towards People of the Book.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
teri tait wrote:the Muslims are so intolerant of any other faith

Some Muslims. Just like some Christians. The Qu'raan preaches tolerance towards People of the Book.

Would they respect and follow a leader outside their faith? I don't think we've had a president that wasn't one form of christian or another. I doubt we will in my lifetime. You're right about Christian sects that are very intolerant. I guess I'm at it too broadly with the Muslims. I think he'll definitely have to be a devout believer of some sort.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Doe, John » Sun May 07, 2006 5:38 pm

Lance wrote:So this means I have a month to come up with an anti-christ llama?

Okay...

Well, I dont' know the Julian Calendar that well, but an article on that French guy who thinks that the comet debris is gonna cream us said that May 25 is 06-06-06 in that one. So if you want to be historically correct you only got a couple more weeks. :)
Doe, John
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Doe, John » Sun May 07, 2006 5:42 pm

teri tait wrote:
Superluminal wrote:I need an Umop-English dictonary.

Just turn your screen upside down, that's what I do.

hey . . . that worked. well actually, my screen is really massive so I just stood on my head.

but, it worked :lol:
Doe, John
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 6:06 pm

:) My screen is really tiny so its more practical to turn it over. Standing on your head works too. It took me about a month to read Umops name but now its easy.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 10:48 pm

teri tait wrote:Would they respect and follow a leader outside their faith?

Probably not. In Iraq, we observe that even different Muslim groups don't much care for each other...

I don't think we've had a president that wasn't one form of christian or another. I doubt we will in my lifetime.

I'm pretty sure you're right about the first part, and quite possibly about the second part as well. I guess the closest it has come is when Arlen Specter ran for President, and Joe Liebermann for vice-President. There have definitely been Arabs high up in US government, such as John Sununu, but I suspect he is of Christian background - I haven't found anything one way or the other from a quick search.

In South America, which is arguably more Christian than North America, there have been presidents of Muslim background, e.g., Carlos Menem of Argentina, who converted to Catholicism.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Doe, John wrote:Well, I dont' know the Julian Calendar that well, but an article on that French guy who thinks that the comet debris is gonna cream us said that May 25 is 06-06-06 in that one. So if you want to be historically correct you only got a couple more weeks. :)

I get May 24, but I'm no expert on this, so maybe I'm doing something wrong...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Mon May 08, 2006 1:13 am

I wonder how many different calendars there are? Could be 06/06/06 is every single day on some calendar...
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon May 08, 2006 3:24 am

teri tait wrote:I wonder how many different calendars there are? Could be 06/06/06 is every single day on some calendar...

Perhaps, in which case we should get a new antichrist every day :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 am

Then how to sort through them all to find the one true antichrist? Maybe WWF antichrist cage fights...
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon May 08, 2006 3:43 am

teri tait wrote:Maybe WWF antichrist cage fights...

:glp-rotflmao:
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Doe, John » Mon May 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Doe, John wrote:Well, I dont' know the Julian Calendar that well, but an article on that French guy who thinks that the comet debris is gonna cream us said that May 25 is 06-06-06 in that one. So if you want to be historically correct you only got a couple more weeks. :)

I get May 24, but I'm no expert on this, so maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Well, since I was working from memory, which in my case is highly unreliable, you're probably right. Even if I remembered the date right, look at what I'm using for an authoritative source. :lol:
Doe, John
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 08, 2006 11:49 pm

teri tait wrote:Then how to sort through them all to find the one true antichrist? Maybe WWF antichrist cage fights...

ROFL!!1!
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Sat May 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Wow, remake of "The Omen" is opening on this date. Me and my daughter are going to check it out. I wonder if they'll have a midnight showing, that could be really fun!! We might dress all goth and creep people out.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 pm

I just noticed Halcyon Dayz's post count...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Mon May 15, 2006 3:34 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:I just noticed Halcyon Dayz's post count...

Let me guess, 666 when you wrote this? If anyones post count goes 666 on 06/06/06, we should assume they are the antichrist.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Mon May 15, 2006 3:45 pm

Does anyone even know where "666" really comes from?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Mon May 15, 2006 3:57 pm

Lonewulf wrote:Does anyone even know where "666" really comes from?

Well the Hebrew alphabet has corresponding numerical values, so it could be initials or a name. There is a lot of speculation on the whole subject.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Mon May 15, 2006 4:14 pm

From what I've heard (from VERY reliable sources), it has to do with Nero's initials.

Nero, the crazed Roman emporer, *hated* Christians, and went out of his way to make their lives hell, and publically killed them when it suited him. And, the initials of his full name just happened to make the number "666" in roman numerals.

I'm not too a'feared of an old emporer that died long ago, myself. ;)
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon May 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Lonewulf wrote:From what I've heard (from VERY reliable sources), it has to do with Nero's initials.

Nero, the crazed Roman emporer, *hated* Christians, and went out of his way to make their lives hell, and publically killed them when it suited him. And, the initials of his full name just happened to make the number "666" in roman numerals.

I'm not too a'feared of an old emporer that died long ago, myself. ;)

If I've got my facts straight, it's an emperor who died before Revelations was even written.

Besides, by Roman emperor standards, Nero wasn't all that nuts :mrgreen:
Last edited by Мастер on Mon May 15, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lonewulf » Mon May 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Well, he certainly was up there...

But yeah, that would make sense, I would think. Is "666" explicitely mentioned anywhere in the Bible, though?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon May 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Wikipedia has a lot to say, most of it involving numerology.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Lonewulf wrote:Well, he certainly was up there...

But yeah, that would make sense, I would think. Is "666" explicitely mentioned anywhere in the Bible, though?

Revelation 13-11:18 wrote:
11 Then I saw another beast that rose out of the earth; it had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon.
12 It exercises all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound had been healed.
13 It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of all;
14 and by the signs that it is allowed to perform on behalf of the beast, it deceives the inhabitants of earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet lived;
15 and it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast so that the image of the beast could even speak and cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,
17 so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six.

Though according to some texts, the number is six-hundred sixteen. I guess 666 sounds evil-er. Whoops, looks like umop beat me to it.
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

PreviousNext

Return to Here There Be Llamas