Candy's Schedule

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby Lance » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:29 pm

He sounds like someone who would truly deserve having the shit choked out of him.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:42 pm

Lance wrote:He sounds like someone who would truly deserve having the shit choked out of him.

I think he's choking himself. YES.

He has 18 years with the company. He has been Management for a little over 1 year. He came from Union and Admin status (not that there is anything wrong with that). United is good to it's employee's and they try to promote from within to keep dedication. I thought this ended after 9/11, and we did a mass furlough based on computer skills, education level, etc... It seriously irritates me to see a "Razor" get promoted based on ass kissing. I don't think he will advance further, but damn, he is in a position to literally paralize the company with one stupid move. Good thing is that he works the PM shift, so he overlaps with knowledgeable folks. :?
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:12 pm

Candy wrote:United is good to it's employee's

Well, I guess they have to be good to someone...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:16 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Candy wrote:United is good to it's employee's

Well, I guess they have to be good to someone...

Tell me your next flight, and I will be on it. Well, schedule it around me, and I will be there. I assure your flight will be pleasant. 8-[
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Candy wrote:Tell me your next flight, and I will be on it. Well, schedule it around me, and I will be there. I assure your flight will be pleasant. 8-[

Well, next planned trip (still have to buy the ticket) is to Australia :) But that's not until December, probably something (or several somethings) will come up between now and then...

This should be interpreted as blowing off steam rather than as a serious criticism. I think most of the US airlines are pretty similar, the collective preference of the air travel market seems to be that, although lots of room, good meals, etc., are nice, low fares are more important. So that's what we get...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:35 pm

Dang, I'll get a PassPort. I will assure you flight is awesome on my airline. Don't worry, we're allowed to do this. :D
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:50 pm

Candy wrote:Dang, I'll get a PassPort. I will assure you flight is awesome on my airline. Don't worry, we're allowed to do this. :D

Aye, are you being serious here!?!?!? It's a long 14.5 hours from LAX, and you're only slightly closer to LAX than I am :D

I have to get organized on this trip. I'm going to Sydney for sure (a town called Manly), but the dates are uncertain, I may be a party of one or of two, I may also go to Perth, etc....
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill EE » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Khrushchev - you should take anything you can get from Candy for that flight. I have done it myself (two flights to Perth, two to Korea, and one to China) those long flights are a killer but the crew can make all the difference. If you go to Perth, go to the original prison in Fremantle. You will get a kick out of it!
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:10 am

Bill EE wrote:Khrushchev - you should take anything you can get from Candy for that flight. I have done it myself (two flights to Perth, two to Korea, and one to China) those long flights are a killer but the crew can make all the difference. If you go to Perth, go to the original prison in Fremantle. You will get a kick out of it!

Since Candy's airline doesn't fly to Perth, I'm guessing you mean you've done the trip the above number of times, not that you've flown "Candy Class" that many times :)

I've been to Perth before, but didn't really get to see much. We'll see if I do any better this time. Never been to Korea, been to China several times.

I went more than 30 years without crossing the Pacific, now it seems like it is at least a twice-a-year event :glp-stars:
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:31 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Well, next planned trip (still have to buy the ticket) is to Australia :) But that's not until December, probably something (or several somethings) will come up between now and then...

Maybe I spoke to soon. I won't be able to do anything until 2006. I forgot I am working 17 or 19 days in a row for December. My schedule is so screwed up right now.

Starting next year, I can plan my vacations around your flying schedule. I like doing things like this. It's fun.

I'm going to hit as many Astronomy events as I can, too. I'm hoping to bump into Dr Phil Plait and beg for Candy status again on the BABB. :oops:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:51 am

Well, off to work I go! I'm so excited to learn new things. :D
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:57 pm

Candy wrote:
Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Well, next planned trip (still have to buy the ticket) is to Australia :) But that's not until December, probably something (or several somethings) will come up between now and then...

Maybe I spoke to soon. I won't be able to do anything until 2006. I forgot I am working 17 or 19 days in a row for December. My schedule is so screwed up right now.

Starting next year, I can plan my vacations around your flying schedule. I like doing things like this. It's fun.

I'm going to hit as many Astronomy events as I can, too. I'm hoping to bump into Dr Phil Plait and beg for Candy status again on the BABB. :oops:

Can you work it so I get to fly the plane? That would be fun...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby neocracker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Candy wrote:

Can you work it so I get to fly the plane? That would be fun...

Couldn't be worse than some of the airline pilots I know.

I just remembered something....

Fly the friendly skies united.

Yes, my punctuation and capitalization is correct for what I'm thinking.
Not where I used to be...no longer a Secret Squirrel
neocracker
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Bill EE » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:58 pm

Yes KOS - I have not had the pleasure of flying "Candy Class." Last time I went to Oz I flew the Q-line but I had a couple of things go wrong. The first was I was seated next to an American Teenager just returning from her missionary work. She proceed to regale me with stories of her struggle to bring Christ to the wilderness. The second was I got a bad sandwhich at the airport in Sydney and proceeded to develop full-blown food poisoning about 5 hours into the flight. The cabin crew was so good to me. They let me basically live in the big bathroom for about 8 hours coming by to check on me and giving me drinks.

If you get a chance go spend the day in Fremantle - it was were I stayed and it was great. They have a good museum of underwater artifacts and the shipyard where they build re-creation of old sailing ships.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:53 pm

neocracker wrote:Couldn't be worse than some of the airline pilots I know.

Long time ago, I knew someone who was shot down during the war. After a rough landing on a commercial airline, he told the pilot his crash landing was softer...

Fly the friendly skies united.

Ah, so that's what they meant by that - I never quite caught on to the hidden meaning...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:57 pm

Bill EE wrote:Last time I went to Oz I flew the Q-line but I had a couple of things go wrong.

Q-line == Qantas?

The first was I was seated next to an American Teenager just returning from her missionary work. She proceed to regale me with stories of her struggle to bring Christ to the wilderness.

How barbaric.

The second was I got a bad sandwhich at the airport in Sydney and proceeded to develop full-blown food poisoning about 5 hours into the flight. The cabin crew was so good to me. They let me basically live in the big bathroom for about 8 hours coming by to check on me and giving me drinks.

Ooh, not much fun. I'll be careful what I eat at SYD :D

Last time I went there, oddly enough, though I live in North America, my flight was to/from Asia. And a lot of Asia is only slightly closer to Sydney than North America is...

If you get a chance go spend the day in Fremantle - it was were I stayed and it was great. They have a good museum of underwater artifacts and the shipyard where they build re-creation of old sailing ships.

I'll give it a shot, although at this point, I don't even know if I'll be going to Perth. We'll see...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:19 am

I'm so jealous, you folks traveling across the world. I know, I can do it, too. I just hate to travel alone, but now I have buddies! 8)

My mom wants to go to England with me, but she is so hick that I'm afraid to travel with her. Our family came to the America's in the 1700's, and we still have family in the UK. Yes, we've kept in touch. Odd, I know. She's just dying to visit the Cornell's. :shock:

Actually, the Cornell's keep moving back and forth from the UK to the US (different generations) through out the years. They were once a prominent family, and now they are not. :oops:

On Dad's side, we have the Cartwright's. The Cartwright's are a very hard working breed. I'm more of a Cartwright but with Cornell taste. Does that make sense? :wink:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill EE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:00 pm

Yes - Q-line is Quantas! Flown them twice and they have great service. Wish I could have afforded first class!

I have learned never to rush eat in an airport! That is where I picked it up. The crew was seriously thinking of landing the plane early because I looked so bad :oops:
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:12 pm

Bill EE wrote:Yes - Q-line is Quantas! Flown them twice and they have great service. Wish I could have afforded first class!

I think I flew on Quantas for some internal flights, but I'm not 1.00 sure.

Regarding first class, I've noticed different parts of the world have different pricing schemes. In the US, first class (particularly international) is often many times the cost of economy. But in Asia, I've been on a flight where I was the only person in the first class section, and it didn't even cost that much more than economy!

I have learned never to rush eat in an airport! That is where I picked it up. The crew was seriously thinking of landing the plane early because I looked so bad :oops:

Oh - sorry to hear that, but since you're here with us posting, I guess it ended up alright :)
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Superluminal » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:47 pm

You never know, he may be posting from beyond. :shock:
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill EE » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:15 am

No I am really alive :D - IDW claims to have killed himself with honor but still posts :shock: .
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:57 am

Bill EE wrote:No I am really alive :D - IDW claims to have killed himself with honor but still posts :shock: .

Can we see the bloody corpse?

Oh please, can we?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Lance:

Oh please, can we?

:shock:
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Bill EE wrote:Lance:

Oh please, can we?

:shock:

Oh!

Sheesh!

I meant IDW's.

Sorry Bill EE.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:10 pm

Well that's a load off my mind. :lol:
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Previous

Return to Here There Be Llamas