Off topic but

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Off topic but

Postby Nighthawk » Fri May 13, 2005 9:54 pm

Looks like a fun evening..http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.kiwx.shtml

especially for a weather spotter :D

I live rigt under the "R" in Logansport.

I'M SURROUNDED!! :shock: Maybe I can get some good lightning pics. 8)
Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Candy » Fri May 13, 2005 10:06 pm

I'm a Hoosier, too. I noticed all the Hoosiers over on the BABB, but I didn't say anything. I wanted to, but I get accused of hijacking threads. :oops:

The thunderstorms ripped through Chicago last night. I was working, and I could hear the lightning and thunder through a solid brick building. Spooky!
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Nighthawk » Fri May 13, 2005 10:28 pm

I love thunderstorms :P

Last year I watched a tornado try to form about 100 yards from me but it never fully formed and moved off to form completely and take out two houses and a barn. :shock:

Here's a couple lightning pics I took last year:
The first is a video capture.
The second was a lucky shot from a cheap HP digital.

Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Candy » Fri May 13, 2005 10:38 pm

:roll:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Nighthawk » Fri May 13, 2005 10:48 pm

Thanks. Going to see if I can get more today. They just spotted a funnel cloud in Miami county. Heading for the north part of my county and a severe thunderstorm warning for our county :shock:

That building is a barn and siloh(sp?) or should i say a barn and "stealth tower" :P

I jumped when I took the pic :lol:

There were lightning flashes about every 10 seconds that night 8)
Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Sat May 14, 2005 1:23 pm

Very nice... I've often wanted to try lightening pictures but never have.

How do you do it with digital, since you can't just leave the shutter open?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Nighthawk » Sat May 14, 2005 1:39 pm

The second pic above was a lucky shot. Otherwise, it's damn near impossible.

I have since gotten a new digital camera, A Minolta Dimage Z1. It has a shutter speed setting that goes from 1/1000 of a second to a "Bulb" setting. Though it really isn't a true bulb, it opens the shutter for like 30 seconds. It's really the wife's camera bit I use it a lot. I talked her into that one so I could use it for astro photography.
Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri May 20, 2005 5:04 am

That building is a barn and siloh(sp?) or should i say a barn and "stealth tower"

It's usually spelled silo, but "SUPER SECRET STEALTH MISSLE SILO" will also work.

<tangent - I'll tell you how it's related to whatever it is we're talking about later>
(It's part of the "SUPER SECRET AGRICULTURAL SECT (SSAS), PROJECT SILAGE")
Yes, that's right folks, the farmers are out to rule the world. It's the best-kept secret since Hoover's FBI days. Covertly, the increasingly elitist agricultural community has been arming themselves, with tanks that look like combines, and retrofitting their 'grain' silos with stealth missles. I've got photos, folks. And what I've seen would scare the bujeepers out of common people. I've infiltrated their Masonistic "FFA" and "Farmer's Bureau" meetings. Folks, they've sprayed their crops and fed their livestock mind control chemicals from commercial jet airliners operating from 20,000 feet! If you don't believe me, just look up! Organic farming? Heh, that's just a government psy-op to throw us off the real path to truth. It is with great risk to my life and well-being that I post this important information which we all so desperately needed to know.
</tangent - I've just always wanted to post something like this, just once>

Bump for the TRUTH!

[fixed a tag]
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lance » Fri May 20, 2005 7:26 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:</tangent - I've just always wanted to post something like this, just once>

Bump for the TRUTH!

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Nighthawk » Sat May 21, 2005 12:47 am

I have often thought about starting some type of conspiracy like that but can't think of any new ones. They have all been taken :(

But the "Super Secret Missile Grain Silo's" Sounds good. :D Hadn't thought of that one. :lol:
Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby twinstead » Sat May 21, 2005 1:18 am

Nighthawk wrote:I have often thought about starting some type of conspiracy like that but can't think of any new ones. They have all been taken :(

But the "Super Secret Missile Grain Silo's" Sounds good. :D Hadn't thought of that one. :lol:

Well, since I always am looking for a beer theme, and since hops are a relatively recent addition to beer, I submit that hops are actually a mind control drug and were added to beer a couple hundred years ago by the Illuminati to begin the subtle mind control of the ignorant beer swilling masses. That control was augmented a few decades ago by the addition of the demon fluoride to water supplies and toothpaste. That coupled with the toxic effects of lead-based cavity fillings have almost completed the transformation of a world-aware proletariat into a dumbed down mindless sheeple hoard.

But it was all started with the hops. It's the hops man. I can see it. when are YOU going to WAKE UP??
AKA DogFishHead on GLP

The great thing about being a cynic is that in the end, you are either right or pleasantly surprised
twinstead
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to Here There Be Llamas