What the heck is wrong with people nowadays?

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby teri tait » Mon May 08, 2006 3:51 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
teri tait wrote:I think its a badger, the happy bouncing badger bobbling brilliantly

Yep, and if you've ever seen a wild badger, you know that they really do dance like that...

I've always heard that. Of course the wild ones enjoy dancing on your face so it's not as cute...
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 08, 2006 9:24 pm

Thats sick, and should be reported.

There are very few people I trust online, and allmost all of them are here, or BAUT.

People of note:

Lance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

I know I am missing a few but those people are the ones that I trust for now.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Dragon Star wrote:Thats sick, and should be reported.

There are very few people I trust online, and allmost all of them are here, or BAUT.

People of note:

Lance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

I know I am missing a few but those people are the ones that I trust for now.

Wow! I'm #3! :shock:
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Diana30 » Mon May 08, 2006 9:34 pm

Teri don't brag, I am right after (#4) you........ :D
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Gullible Jones » Mon May 08, 2006 9:48 pm

Uh, try "not necessarily in any preferred order" :lol:
And so I watch two new suns spin; our paper man doesn't call - burnt shadow printed on the road, now there's nothing there at all.
Gullible Jones
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Mon May 08, 2006 10:00 pm

You don't get to be a mini-minion by not knowing how to suck up.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Gullible Jones wrote:Uh, try "not necessarily in any preferred order" :lol:

You got it. :P

Just because some of you didn't show up on the list doesn't mean I don't like you, but that I just don't know you well enough to say for sure. Now if I made a list for respect...that would be one damn long list.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue May 09, 2006 11:23 am

Dragon Star wrote:

Just because some of you didn't show up on the list doesn't mean I don't like you, but that I just don't know you well enough to say for sure. Now if I made a list for respect...that would be one damn long list.

Don't make a public list singling people out if you can't handle the ensuing hate and jealousy. :P

I'm just teasing you. 8)
"Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense." -River
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby tofu » Tue May 09, 2006 2:55 pm

What the heck is wrong with people nowadays?

Back in January I created an account on plentyoffish (a free dating site) as a female. There was no picture and only a short profile saying that I was into computers and science and stuff. I considered this something of an experiment; I was interested to see what women experience online.

I was amazed at some of the things people said and sent to me (and I didn't even reply to them). I had no idea that men are so aggressive and seemingly so arrogant. But deep down, I know that they are this way because nature favors this behavior. It's a bit distasteful for me, because I don't want to play this game and yet I know that it's the only game in town. I personally could never bring myself to send an obscene picture to someone, and I think that explains my lack of success. Given that I do not like the rules of the game, I have chosen to just quit playing.

But anyway my answer to the question, "what the heck is wrong with people" is: nothing is wrong with them, that is normal male behavior. By acting that way with you (and no doubt 100 other women) that guy has increased his chances of having children. I know it's creepy, but I think it's true.

Now of course, you weren't in a "dating situation" but the rules are the same nonetheless. For males, aggressiveness and dominance works. If it didn't work, you ladies would breed it out of the gene pool in a generation or two. So it must work pretty well.

If you don't believe me, I can offer a simple test to prove it. If you want to explore the dating dynamic directly ladies, then go to one of those dating websites, and try to behave the way you think the perfect male would behave. I bet you wont get anyone to even talk to you. If you are thinking, "no no, we were just friends" then may I suggest you pretend to be a guy and just try to have a friendship with a woman. I think you'll find that even that is nearly impossible without being very aggressive about it.

Anyway, that's my current view of this ugly world that we live in.
tofu
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby N C More » Tue May 09, 2006 4:10 pm

tofu wrote:Now of course, you weren't in a "dating situation" but the rules are the same nonetheless. For males, aggressiveness and dominance works. If it didn't work, you ladies would breed it out of the gene pool in a generation or two. So it must work pretty well.

Although I basically do agree with you (that this sort of behavior seems to be accepted by many), I'm not so sure about the ability of females to "breed it out of the gene pool". I suspect that women often simply have to accept dominant and aggressive behaviors if they want to find a mate, period. Also, if you're on an internet dating site, I suspect the sample you're looking at might be rather skewed by the very nature of the medium involved.

Now, having been a female for a hell of a long time, I will concede that most women certainly don't want to date (or mate) with some guy that comes across as a complete weenie. However, most of the women I know wouldn't be interested in a guy that comes across as a complete pervert, either.

As for the idea that it's somehow not possible to be friends with the opposite sex...I don't buy that at all. As for the guy in question here, he was never looking for a friend, or even a girlfriend for that matter. IMO, He was just looking for sex. He should have been honest, and just up and said he wanted a sexual partner. This would have been far better than mailing a pix of his "Mr. Happy" to someone who was not on the same page he was obviously on!
N C More
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Diana30 » Tue May 09, 2006 4:18 pm

N C More wrote:
tofu wrote:Now of course, you weren't in a "dating situation" but the rules are the same nonetheless. For males, aggressiveness and dominance works. If it didn't work, you ladies would breed it out of the gene pool in a generation or two. So it must work pretty well.

Although I basically do agree with you (that this sort of behavior seems to be accepted by many), I'm not so sure about the ability of females to "breed it out of the gene pool". I suspect that women often simply have to accept dominant and aggressive behaviors if they want to find a mate, period. Also, if you're on an internet dating site, I suspect the sample you're looking at might be rather skewed by the very nature of the medium involved.

Now, having been a female for a hell of a long time, I will concede that most women certainly don't want to date (or mate) with some guy that comes across as a complete weenie. However, most of the women I know wouldn't be interested in a guy that comes across as a complete pervert, either.

As for the idea that it's somehow not possible to be friends with the opposite sex...I don't buy that at all. As for the guy in question here, he was never looking for a friend, or even a girlfriend for that matter. IMO, He was just looking for sex. He should have been honest, and just up and said he wanted a sexual partner. This would have been far better than mailing a pix of his "Mr. Happy" to someone who was not on the same page he was obviously on!

I totally agree......... :wink:

Diana30
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Tue May 09, 2006 5:53 pm

N C More wrote:"Mr. Happy"

The way Diana described it, it sounded more like a "Mr. Sad".
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Tue May 09, 2006 8:16 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:

Don't make a public list singling people out if you can't handle the ensuing hate and jealousy. :P

I'm just teasing you. 8)

lol, don't worry about me taking anything seriously, unless I know for sure that person was being serious.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby azazul » Wed May 10, 2006 6:37 am

ance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

Strange, that is similar to my list of people to kill.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lonewulf » Wed May 10, 2006 9:49 am

By the way, I have to comment on the title of this thread:

What did Diana mean by nowadays? Is she saying that only now have some men magically turned into perverts by the pervert fairies?

Since the beginning of our time, mankind has been a very strange machine.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Diana30 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:53 pm

azazul wrote:
ance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

Oh great, I am on your killing list. Just send me a notice before it is my time so that I can get some things done before I am eliminated..... :?
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Wed May 10, 2006 4:59 pm

azazul wrote:
ance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

The Assassins thread is here.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lonewulf » Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Why is my name in the Assassin's list?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Wed May 10, 2006 6:03 pm

azazul wrote:Strange, that is similar to my list of people to kill.

Suddenly I'm glad I wasn't on the original list. :shock:

I've always tended to think that online male behavior of that type had parallels to drunken male behavior. There's a loss of inhibitions in both cases; one chemically induced, the other caused by the impersonal nature of the internet. This leads to loud, obnoxious or argumentative behavior, and leads to actions, sometimes of an obscene nature, which would (probably) never be performed while sober or in person. I don't seem to see the same thing in women.
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed May 10, 2006 6:36 pm

pmcolt wrote: I don't seem to see the same thing in women.

I've seen it before. Believe me.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed May 10, 2006 9:30 pm

azazul wrote:
ance
KOS
Teri
Diana
Lonewulf
Antoniseb
Mickal
ToSeek

:lol: Yep, I bet. :wink:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby azazul » Thu May 11, 2006 4:03 am

Well, it is similar in that they are both lists and they both have names on them.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Diana30 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:10 am

Lance wrote:
N C More wrote:"Mr. Happy"

The way Diana described it, it sounded more like a "Mr. Sad".

Definitely....!!!!
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Previous

Return to Here There Be Llamas