Wierd email I recieved today

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Wierd email I recieved today

Postby Diana30 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:45 am

I recieved this wierd email today. What are people expecting to get out of stuff like that?... :?

Hello Dear,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before.
Afer you receive this mail kindly contact me on my private e.mail contact below. introducing myself, I am Sussy Kamara, the Only Daughter of the late Mr and Mrs Dikko Kamara, my father was a gold and cocoa mercahnt based in accra, ghana and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips. before the death of my father on 29th june 2004 in a private hospital here in Abidjan.

He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of usd $6.5m (Six Million Five Hundred Thousand U.s), deposited in a suspence account in one of the prime bank here in abidjan ivory coast, that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates, that I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as expansion of his existing cocoa business and real estate management overseas. Dear friend, I am humbly seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To assist me in retriving this money from the bank.
2) To serve as the guardian of this fund.
3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a residential permit in your country moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.

Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven (7) working days you signify interest to assist me.

E-mail address above ( sussy_kamara227@yahoo.fr ) . Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Sussy Kamara.
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby umop ap!sdn » Thu May 11, 2006 5:09 am

Looks like a 419 scam. They're trying to trick you into giving them your bank info so they can clean all the money out. There's even a guy who makes a hobby of leading these scammers on (WARNING: strong language).
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 5:18 am

I get those all the time, at least a couple a month. Its amazing how many multimillionaires desperatly need our help ;)
I wonder if anyone ever actually replies to them? It is so obviously ridiculous, I can't imagine anyone would ever get sucked in to giving personal information.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 5:19 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:Looks like a 419 scam. They're trying to trick you into giving them your bank info so they can clean all the money out. There's even a guy who makes a hobby of leading these scammers on (WARNING: strong language).

Why is it called a "419" scam?
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Thu May 11, 2006 6:29 am

Area code?

I always hear this scam referred to as the "Nigerian" scam.

I suppose it is a variant of the pigeon drop scam.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 7:36 am

OMG, that ebolamonkey guy is insanely funny. I laughed until tears came out of my eyes. The pictures are a nice trophy too. Now I wonder how stupid the scammers are to think this guy was serious and actually send pictures with the stupid names on signs. ROFL
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 am

teri tait wrote:Why is it called a "419" scam?

I believe 419 is the section of some criminal code (American? Nigerian? I'm not sure) which they violate.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby FZR1KG » Thu May 11, 2006 12:31 pm

There was one guy that made money by scamming the scammers. He'd reply to them but addressing them with a different name and stating that he'd wired the money into the account but he needs to hear from them.

The fell for it and assumed the other persons (totaly made up name) requesting more money. Basicaly he then claimed he wanted assurance and get them to send money to him before he'd transfer the remaining thousands.

He even put up recorded telephone conversations for everyone to listen to.

Absolutely hilarious stuff. :D
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Thu May 11, 2006 12:33 pm

FZR1KG wrote:There was one guy that made money by scamming the scammers. He'd reply to them but addressing them with a different name and stating that he'd wired the money into the account but he needs to hear from them.

The fell for it and assumed the other persons (totaly made up name) requesting more money. Basicaly he then claimed he wanted assurance and get them to send money to him before he'd transfer the remaining thousands.

He even put up recorded telephone conversations for everyone to listen to.

Absolutely hilarious stuff. :D

I thought about attempting to scam the scammers, but:

a) It's too much trouble.

b) I figured they'd never fall for it.

c) I wasn't sure if I could get into legal trouble myself for it.

So instead I tell them to call me, and give them the phone number of the US Secret Service.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby FZR1KG » Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 pm

ROFL !!!!!

Oh yeah, thats subtle :D
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Diana30 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:08 pm

Enzo wrote:Area code?

Your right, I googled it and found that it is a Nigerian scam.

I found one similar to the one I recieved, just that this one differs a bit in that her father was not poisioned, but that her late father's relatives want to eliminate her....... :shock:

http://www.early-warning.org/scam.php4?id=417
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Thu May 11, 2006 3:15 pm

Diana30 wrote:
Enzo wrote:Area code?

Your right, I googled it and found that it is a Nigerian scam.

I found one similar to the one I recieved, just that this one differs a bit in that her father was not poisioned, but that her late father's relatives want to eliminate her....... :shock:

http://www.early-warning.org/scam.php4?id=417

There's a rumor that somone did a Ph.D dissertation analyzing the different styles of these letters. I don't know if there's any truth to it...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 4:02 pm

I like the Barristors from England ones where they want to find a relative of their fabulously weathy but sadly lacking in close family ties. I am possibly the long lost relative of several of those rich, dead dudes...
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu May 11, 2006 4:11 pm

teri tait wrote:I like the Barristors from England ones where they want to find a relative of their fabulously weathy but sadly lacking in close family ties. I am possibly the long lost relative of several of those rich, dead dudes...

My favorites are those from relatives of deposed African dictators, who are living in fear for their lives...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:My favorites are those from relatives of deposed African dictators, who are living in fear for their lives...

That's a good one. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to help a relative of an oppressive regime?
Guess they never made arrangements to escape the country in anticipation of being overthrown. Pretty poor planning, didn't they learn that from the stranded family members left over from the regime before them?!? Its a sad vicious circle and always, always the poor relatives are stranded with hordes of money and no contact to move it for them. :)
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu May 11, 2006 5:36 pm

I just received an email with the subject Scams, schemes, and snake oil. After some description of various examples of these three things, the email continues

3. Protect Yourself From These Scams & Others

a. I have been a private investor for over 30 years, and I have
seen all of these investment scams over and over. The basic scams
never change - only the names of the scamsters.

b. To find out about the different scams, schemes, and snake
oil and about how to avoid them, please click on this email link

..and then click, "Send". I will send you my report.

I'm sure if I click on the link, there will be no scams, schemes, or snake oil in my future...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:I just received an email with the subject Scams, schemes, and snake oil. After some description of various examples of these three things, the email continues

3. Protect Yourself From These Scams & Others

a. I have been a private investor for over 30 years, and I have
seen all of these investment scams over and over. The basic scams
never change - only the names of the scamsters.

b. To find out about the different scams, schemes, and snake
oil and about how to avoid them, please click on this email link

..and then click, "Send". I will send you my report.

I'm sure if I click on the link, there will be no scams, schemes, or snake oil in my future...

The elusive scamster, a cute fuzzy cousin of the hamster but with a nefarious nature...
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Nighthawk » Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 am

Sadly enough people do still fall for this scam.

I love to read the "Scam Baiting" sites. It is great that people are turning the tables on these assholes.

Not only can people lose all their money but it can also cause them to resort to illegal activities themselves such as theft or embezzlement.

There have also been cases where the victims of this scam have been murdered.
Barium: What you do with dead chemists.

Idiots are fun! No wonder every village wants one.

My YouTube Channel
Nighthawk
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Diana30 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:45 am

Nighthawk wrote:

Ha....????... :shock:
Diana30
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Fri May 12, 2006 3:46 am

Diana30 wrote:Nighthawk wrote:

Ha....????... :shock:

True enough. The goal is to get you hooked with a little, and then keep upping the ante. Eventually, they will try to get you to travel to Nigeria, where you will be held hostage until you fork over enough cash. And if you don't have it...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby I Am He » Fri May 12, 2006 9:53 am

I've tried playing them along once, but I think they got wise to me. They sent me the one about having a rich Uncle in England that had passed away and had his money in different accounts. For a fee I would be able to retrieve it. And of course I had to give them the whole nine yards to get it. It was about the fifth e-mail I think that they got wise and never answered me again, no matter how I tried to get them back on the hook. I just can't figure out what I did wrong, though.
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Return to Here There Be Llamas