Paris Hermès closes door to Oprah

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Paris Hermès closes door to Oprah

Postby Candy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:33 pm

Paris Hermès closes door to Oprah – Oprah closes the door on Hermès
It was reported that Hermès staff turned Oprah away because they didn’t recognize her without her makeup and because they have been “having a problem with North Africans lately.” Oprah’s friends say the story is not true.

What exactly does Oprah look like without her makeup? :shock:

I can't see a store turning away anyone with a Platinum credit card.
Look on eBay for the prices of some of Hermès Birkin bags. :P

Hermès Birkin The crocodile one is going for $26,500.
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby gillianren » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:28 pm

you know what? I'm totally cool with them not letting her in after closing. which is, according to the article I read on the subject, when she was there. "don't you know who I am?" notwithstanding, they were closed. I know that at Ren Faire, if the booth's closed, we're closed even for Ron-who-runs-Faire.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Candy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:51 pm

Oprah is a long-standing customer of Hermès and recently ordered a dozen of the much wanted Birkin bags, which can cost $6,500 each.

I suppose you are right, Gillianren. It just seems like bad timing on Oprah's part. Perhaps, if Oprah would've phoned ahead and said something like, "I'm running late, can you please wait for me."

I know where I work, we have a Special Services department that caters to the rich and famous around the world. They have their own Special Services phone number and an elite few that handle them with absolute care 24/7. Of course, we have to know when and where the rich and famous will be ahead of time to guarantee absolute service. 8)
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Here There Be Llamas