Christmas present suggestions?

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Excellent choice sir.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby teri tait » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:58 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Actually no, I'm fine with kittenwars. stepfordgirls.com just seems too pink and controlling, too nice, too "oooh lets be girly". I know it is for 8 -12 year olds but there seems nothing aspirational there other than having nice hair and owning all the dolls. Why no "Rosie the Riveter" or "Rosa Parks" in the historical dolls section? Why no "Sandra Day O'Conner" doll?

Nurse, time for my pills again . . .

That is the point, to collect the dolls.

They focus on heritage, not career. There's quite a difference between those two concepts as I am sure you know. And of course they look pretty and sweet, that's what makes them so adorable. They are collector dolls and could probably be worth a couple of shekels someday.
My big girls are 20 and they both still have theirs (packed away as they are at college).

(I bet if Cyndi would have mentioned one of them as a gift, her daughter would have been all for it. ;) )
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:38 am

Rosie, Rosa, Sandy? Others?

Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby teri tait » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:29 am

OMG, I love the O'Conner bobble head :lol:
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Previous

Return to Here There Be Llamas