Wikipedia page on Economic Progress

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Wikipedia page on Economic Progress

Postby Мастер » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:45 pm

I found this Wikipedia page, and I'd be interested to hear any comments on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_progress

It struck me as, well, just slightly odd. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby azazul » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:28 pm

It seems to me that whoever wrote it was a christian who thinks the west is the source of all of the good things in the world, and that christianity in turn is what is responsible for the west's success in economics. The author just appears to have placed their opinions wherever they could. I particularly enjoy this bit of ignorance:
Implicit in the concept of evolution is the idea of progress and the creation of wealth in the form of more advanced animal bodies. Despite Evolution's opposition to another theory of origins, called Creationism, Evolution itself is a form of creationism.

I enjoy it not only because of how incorrect the statement is, but also because I cannot make a connection with economic progress. In fact, there are few if any statements in that page that have to do with economic progress.

In short, the author appears to know even less than I do about economic progress, but felt the need to start a wikipedia page about the subject. (And I know pretty much nothing about economics)
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Perfect opportunity to write a Wikipedia article, KOS, if you haven't written one already. :D

One of these days I'm going to either write one or make significant additions to an existing one...
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:05 am

"The seventeenth century saw the beginning of science . . ."
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:20 pm

Well it isn't Wikipedia per se, but I've gone and done it. Behold the Greek noun. :mrgreen: It's not even close to complete, but it's a good start, and I'll likely work on it some more in the days/weeks to come.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Here There Be Llamas