So, Enzo...

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

So, Enzo...

Postby St. Jimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:21 am

What's your favorite item on the Ponderosa Steak House menu? I went there for the first time today, while visiting my grandma, and will be going again before the end of the month. My grandma had this coupon that gave me, my sister, and my mom the senior discount for the buffet. I got an entire heaping plate of the macaroni and cheese, and lots of random chicken items. Yum. But, next time I won't be getting the buffet, and so I'm wondering what I should get. It all looks so yummy.

After I finished eating I went over to the waiting area, and tried my hand at those claw machines. Didn't get anything, but I came close. Stupid prize fell out of the claw's grip two seconds after the claw picked it up. On the brightside, it was a fun way to spend my last $3.

I tried convincing my mom to let me drive us all to Lansing and try to find you, but for some reason she just wouldn't have that happen. I don't see why, you wouldn't have been that far out of the way to go. Oh well, at least I tried to visit you. Maybe next time....
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 am

Well your grandma knows that, other than you, the only people on the net are wierdos and perverts.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby St. Jimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:39 am

Hey, Santa isn't a werido pervert. I mean sure he sneaks into people's houses at night on christmas, and sees me when I'm sleeping and awake, and has my name on a list along with other children, and......Okay, I guess you are right...lol
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:20 am

You better not pout
You better not cry
You better not shout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is dead

It is only the little girls I eye with bad intent

Ponderola? Food, schmood. The girls there like me.

I usually just get the trough, as you did. When the wife and I married, part of our vows was "I pledge thee my trough." We call going to the buffet "troughing."

I actually like their chicken wings, and the pot roast stuff isn't bad, though I pick out the carrots. They have other stuff like ribs and stuffed peppers that are, well, unusual... I am very suspicious of their "prime rib." SOmetimes they have a big pile of popcorn shrimp. I likes them, so I get bowl of cocktail sauce and go through a couple plates of the little guys. And of course, then there is the Kale...

Hey Mom, let's drive to Lansing and look for this really old guy I've never met. I can't imagine her not going for that.

I was a bit overdue, but I got my annual haircut a few days ago. It was about a year and a half this time. Trimmed back maybe half the beard - the left half - so I no longer have the ZZ Top thing going, but I still got at least a RObert E Lee. Brush cut on top.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lonewulf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:32 am

Enzo wrote:You better not pout
You better not cry
You better not shout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is dead

This makes no sense.

If Santa Clause is dead, then the children have no reason to modify their behavior.

The song is just as meaningful as saying, "I pledge allegiance to the United States of Fart."
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Enzo wrote:Hey Mom, let's drive to Lansing and look for this really old guy I've never met. I can't imagine her not going for that.

"But mom, I know he's harmless, women give him free stuff . . ."

Maybe we need a new rule that no-one tries to meet anyone they met on here, I can't see it ending well. I think I'm safe enough until the Michi-kids get passports (or the time machine working).
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby troubleagain » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:21 pm

Dragon Star and I could meet. Although why he'd wanna meet some old chick from the intarnets, I dunno.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby MM_Dandy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:47 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Maybe we need a new rule that no-one tries to meet anyone they met on here, I can't see it ending well. I think I'm safe enough until the Michi-kids get passports (or the time machine working).

You're too late. Lance and I have met in real life after meeting on the internet, although I suppose you could say that we technically met at GLP, rather than here. Same thing for some members who've met Candy in real life.

But, speaking from my brief meeting with Lance and from what I've heard about Neocracker/Superluminal/Candy meeting, they were cordial and nobody came away scarred for life (Well, Lance was almost carried away by a gi-normous hornet/wasp/bee thing, but that's another story).

But then again, it's not a bad idea to keep in mind KOS's once-upon-a-time signature: "On the internet, nobody knows that you're an axe-murderer".
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:24 pm

troubleagain wrote:Dragon Star and I could meet. Although why he'd wanna meet some old chick from the intarnets, I dunno.

And why you would want to meet some boring kid, who's the epitome of silly is beyond me.

I can hardly entertain myself more less anyone else...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 pm

And why anyone would want to meet me is...

Well... that is, I'm... uhm...

Okay, false modesty aside, who wouldn't want to meet me? I'm too cool to not meet.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:53 am

You could autograph one of Neil Young's albums.

My wife e-hangs out with some groups, and she dragged me along to a meeting they arranged. There were like 10-12 of us. They at least had known each other by their online handles, I have zero to go on with any of them. Well, excepting the wife. Everyone standing around trying to figur out how to relate to one another. But it was actually fun once we settled down. We had several people - myself included - make pots of chili and had a competition. I think mine didn't win because they didn't know me. No other possible reason. My chili rules, dammit.

It was fun, no one was hurt, though one guy looked a little unsure driving away. (No he was not drunk) We played Cranium. Corny but fun. Always worth a try, I'd say.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:06 am

Dragon Star wrote:
troubleagain wrote:Dragon Star and I could meet. Although why he'd wanna meet some old chick from the intarnets, I dunno.

And why you would want to meet some boring kid, who's the epitome of silly is beyond me.

I can hardly entertain myself more less anyone else...

Well, you entertain me... after you piss me off...
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:43 am

I happen to know wulf and ta from other boardses, so I could at least meet them someday. (We are allowed to count BAUT, right?)
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby St. Jimmy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:21 pm

Hippie and I have to meet at least two certain people on this board. I mean when me and hippie get married our kids are gonna have the same name as these two! :D
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Let's see.... must meet Dragon Star because he's the epitome of silly. Must meet Lonewulf because he's just too cool not to meet. Must meet Umop just because. Must meet Enzo to see if he's really as charming as he claims. Must meet the rest of the Michikids 'cause they sound like fun. Must meet KOS 'cause he's funny and smart. Must meet Lance for the suck-up value of it if nothing else. Must meet the rest of the cool Illuminati because I think it'd be hilarious and educational at the same time.....
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:51 pm

troubleagain wrote:Let's see.... must meet Dragon Star because he's the epitome of silly. Must meet Lonewulf because he's just too cool not to meet. Must meet Umop just because. Must meet Enzo to see if he's really as charming as he claims. Must meet the rest of the Michikids 'cause they sound like fun. Must meet KOS 'cause he's funny and smart. Must meet Lance for the suck-up value of it if nothing else. Must meet the rest of the cool Illuminati because I think it'd be hilarious and educational at the same time.....

So you're saying you should throw a party?
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 pm

Sure! Just let me know when you'll all be in Florida! :wink:
-------------------
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:45 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:I happen to know wulf and ta from other boardses, so I could at least meet them someday. (We are allowed to count BAUT, right?)

No.

The Board Nazi Police will get you if you do.

You have been warned, citizen.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:18 am

troubleagain wrote:Sure! Just let me know when you'll all be in Florida! :wink:

Um... I'm going to be down in the first week of June to go to Disney World. I would meet DS while I"m there, but Katie's family (my friend, person I'm going with) has every day packed with stuff to do, and it's during the week when DS would be working.

And Katie thinks that meeting people from internet is creepy, so I'll give DS a pass for her for now...
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Yeah, Himself always thought that especialy couples that meet via the internet are weird until I pointed out that his grand-parents met because they were pen-pals, and how was that any different?
-------------------
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:30 pm

I'd rather not meet people over the internet alone, but I'd do it if I had a friend with me. Katie just didn't want to meet anyone, so... yeah... I really don't blame her, though. Look at the news stories.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:38 pm

I've never gone alone to meet any of you internet freaks, but I have been to several IRL meetings of people from a couple of my boards. Wait, I take that back. I did go to dinner alone in NYC with Big_Girl from SDMB/LJ and her husband. I'll admit to being a tiny bit nervous about that, because I didn't actually know her, but we had a grand time. She and her husband are really funny, cool people.
-------------------
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:38 pm

St. Jimmy wrote:Hippie and I have to meet at least two certain people on this board. I mean when me and hippie get married our kids are gonna have the same name as these two! :D

:shock:

Wait...what???

What if you have two girls, you're going to name one Lance?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Dragon Star wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:Hippie and I have to meet at least two certain people on this board. I mean when me and hippie get married our kids are gonna have the same name as these two! :D

Wait...what???

What if you have two girls, you're going to name one Lance?

No, we name her Llana.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:46 pm

You two wanna name one of your kids after me?

I am so touched.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Next

Return to Here There Be Llamas