Anniversathon

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Anniversathon

Postby Enzo » Wed May 23, 2007 6:45 am

The wife and I have been together 21 years, and we always celebrated June 1 as our anniversary. But we actually only married three years ago on May21. SO May 21 is out "official" anniversary, but it doesn't outdo the other 18 years of tradition. Says that old traditionalist: me.

About a year after the wedding, we realized as the dates were approaching that we needed to decide just what was to be our anniversary date. SO we launched...

ANNIVERSATHON

Starting May 21 and lasting through June 1, we celebrate our whatever the hell it is we have. And yes, by the time 5 days of it have passed we are pretty sick of ourselves. We exchange little gifts and gestures every day. Sorta like Hannukah. or maybe more like Kwanza since it is a made up event.

Opening round: she got me a Ferrari, bright red of course. it is a hot wheels toy, but still it says Enzo Ferrari on it. From me she got her own personal pouch of My Little Pony fruit snacks. I had threatened to get her the Ninja Turtles ones. And I brought home a key lime cheesecake, AND I DIDN'T EAT THE WHOLE THING. Last night I got a train schedule from 1942. I'm a railroad freak. ANd for her, she got some Italian treats: prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, olives. And I fooled her, I already had the Ninja Turtles fruit snacks, so she got them too.

It either ramps up to cooler stuff, or kinda fizzles out into dinner. We never know.

We had a pre-ANNIVERSATHON treat SUnday, we went and wore ourselves out wandering the East Lansing Art Festival. It is like the Ann Arbor festival, but not as large. We like it. We just wish people would not bring their dogs to these outdoor crowded events.

My sister wanted to know what the third anniversary was, paper? I told here I thought it was beef jerky or maybe figs. But you never know what might happen. After all, Elvis sang at our wedding. Yep right there in the driveway of the drive-through chapel in Las Vegas. We are quite the Elvis fans these days.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby troubleagain » Wed May 23, 2007 1:38 pm

I had forgotten we shared an anniversary. You guys got married on my 10th anniversary. Congrats!

(We wanted Wenzo to have web-cam set up for the wedding, darn it!)
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Thu May 24, 2007 12:02 am

Well happy 13th then!!!

Today she gave me a Pez dispenser. I gave her socks. But not just any socks, these were ORGANIC socks. Said so right on them, "ORGANIC" stitched right across the toes.

70% "organic" cotton to go with the nylon, the lycra, and some other plastic...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Dragon Star » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 am

Enzo wrote:70% "organic" cotton to go with the nylon, the lycra, and some other plastic...

LMAO.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 am

:lol: Enzo, I don't quite remember what happened, but a few weeks ago, Jimmy and I said something and we both laughed before pausing when I said, "We really are going to be the next Enzo/Wenzo team..."

Last Nov. 5, he and I celebrated our first MEETAVERSARY. That is, of course, of the day we met. We traded illegally copied CDs. Fun time.

How long did it take for you to look like Santa, again?

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Thu May 24, 2007 2:44 pm

Happy anniversaries, folks! Happy 3rd/21st, Enzo! (Though I'm still scratching my head over the organic socks. So they were grown without pesticides?) Happy lucky 13th, Troubleagain! (And happy really, really late meativersary, hippie and Jimmy, but it's going to be a very long time before either of you look like Santa.)
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm

pmcolt wrote:happy really, really late meativersary, hippie and Jimmy,

Is that one of them there freudian slip things?

Thanks for the congratulations. :D
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu May 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Enzo wrote:70% "organic" cotton to go with the nylon, the lycra, and some other plastic...

What, no pomegranate?
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Dragon Star » Fri May 25, 2007 12:40 am

troubleagain wrote:
pmcolt wrote:happy really, really late meativersary, hippie and Jimmy,

Is that one of them there freudian slip things?

My thoughts precisely! :P :P :P
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Fri May 25, 2007 12:52 am

Yeah, yeah. I was caught up trying to decide whether it should be spelled 'meetiversary' or 'meetaversary'. Looks like I went with none of the above. :oops:
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Fri May 25, 2007 3:45 am

pmcolt wrote:Yeah, yeah. I was caught up trying to decide whether it should be spelled 'meetiversary' or 'meetaversary'. Looks like I went with none of the above. :oops:

We decided to spell it with an A because it sounded better with MEET than I would. Yep.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Fri May 25, 2007 6:08 am

US Grant - on the $50 bill - takes a few months.

RObert E Lee takes a couple years

Santa takes three or more

ZZ Top takes a lack of attention entirely

Today I received a set of Curious George party lights. I am a huge fan of party lights, I have tons of them.

Not sure what to give the old lady today, I will select from the prize escrow when I get home.

Careful, we know each others material so well, we are at that finish each others sentences stage. And all I have to do is nod towards something, and she knows why I think it is funny. It is frightening.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Congratulations to one and all; Mrs B and I will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary at the end of the month, we first met at school in 1978 and "met" in 1980.

Dear god, how did I get to be this old? :shock:
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:45 am

Happy anniversary wishes all around!!!! :)
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:01 am

Way to go, Ba'. best wishus to you and the missus.

( And best wishes to you and the misses.)
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:18 am

Wedding anniversary yesterday so we went out to dinner at a nice italian restaurant, very nice food, witty conversation etc.

Mrs B ordered a pavlova dessert, when the waitress brought it I got as far as: "Is that a . . ." before Mrs B silenced me with a look. I think she had heard it before. Oh well, you have to try.

Then on the way out we saw Sean Connery and his wife tucked into an alcove having dinner. Which was surprising since it is just an ordinary straightforward restaurant. (Centotre in George Street since you ask, and yes, it is number 103.)

So an excellent meal and we saw James Bond. Result.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:01 am

My old lady has heard all my material too, but she hasn't figured out how to shut me up yet. She just hits me after I deliver it.

And a happy anni to you too.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas