Sea above

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Sea above

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:47 am

Oysters live in the deep blue sea, or something like it. They have quality of life issues like we all do.

So what kind of a noise annoys an oyster?

[spoiler]A noisy noise annoys an oyster.

I don't know either, but my dad used to like to say that to us as kids.[/spoiler]
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby hippietrekx » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 am

Enzo, it's always reassuring when I am reminded of just how random you are like the rest of us. :)
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:40 am

Heeee that's good I like it. :mrgreen:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Our son once introduced me to a friend of his with, "and this is Enzo, he's cool...sort of." I suppose there is no higher compliment from a school kid.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby troubleagain » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Random is good. And cool is good.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 am

Pretty girls

Pretty boys

Have you ever heard your Mommy scream

Noise Annoys?

- Buzzcocks.

A terrific single from one of my all-time favorite bands. I'll have to play it over and over and over and over and over again for Enzo.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 am

Tell your kids about the oysters, Scott, they'll like it.

Might help if they first knew what oysters were, maybe. They live in beds after all.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:52 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Pretty girls

Pretty boys

Have you ever heard your Mommy scream

Noise Annoys?

- Buzzcocks.

A terrific single from one of my all-time favorite bands. I'll have to play it over and over and over and over and over again for Enzo.

Woof! - Scott

That takes me back to noisy, sweaty venues in the late 70s listening to bands ranging from the truly awful to the excellent. I saw the Buzzcocks a couple of times and they were generally let down by the sound quality so the lyrics got lost in the noise. Still were great live though.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Yeah, many of the bootlegs of the period are just awful, but the last show they played together in Germany was taped and that's pretty good.

I missed them the first time around - they came to Detroit, but I wasn't living close enough at the time and then they broke up. Poop.

When they re-united back in the late '80's, I was finally able to see them.

One of the strangest experiences I had was seeing the Ramones on their "farewell" tour. There were kids there that weren't even born the first time I saw them!

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 am

There were kids there the result of the last time I saw them...

...er wait...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:One of the strangest experiences I had was seeing the Ramones on their "farewell" tour. There were kids there that weren't even born the first time I saw them!

Woof! - Scott

Ramones t-shirts seem to be fashion items here, it is strange to see people wearing them who couldn't have seen the band live, and who may not even know they were a band.

Don't know if this is a bit parochial, but the Rezillos are on a comeback tour just now. One of the first bands I ever saw live, boy were they rough then. I'm not sure I want to see them again, I doubt the years have been kind.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:36 am

Ahhh! Damn! I don't care about the years - I'd see 'em in a heartbeat! I can't tell you how many times I played "Destination Venus" all those years ago. Another band I didn't see the first time around, due to where I was living. Loved that record, though.

Have you seen the Undertones, version 2? Another band that hasn't come back this way, unless I'm mistaken. Sheesh, but we're showing our age, eh? Sigh ...

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Ahhh! Damn! I don't care about the years - I'd see 'em in a heartbeat! I can't tell you how many times I played "Destination Venus" all those years ago. Another band I didn't see the first time around, due to where I was living. Loved that record, though.

I just checked, they have re-released "Can't stand the Rezillos" on CD, I used to have it on tape and I wore it out. I know what soundtrack is going to be playing in my head all afternoon. :D

I grew up in Dumfries which was the sort of town bands played on the way up or way down. At lot of punk/new wave bands were booked there, some made it (the Skids, Rezillos, Ruts etc.) some never did (the Yachts, among others) and some made it between being booked and playing the gig (Blondie, Lene Lovitch), those were wild nights.

Have you seen the Undertones, version 2? Another band that hasn't come back this way, unless I'm mistaken. Sheesh, but we're showing our age, eh? Sigh ...

Woof! - Scott

I haven't, I'm not even sure I saw version 1 though I probably did; it was a time of cheap cider and halucinogens so parts are vague. :roll:

As for showing our age, I'm sitting in the room Alex Plode of the Skids used in his post punk career in property sales, how rock and roll is that?
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:36 pm

As for showing our age, I'm sitting in the room Alex Plode of the Skids used in his post punk career in property sales, how rock and roll is that?
Well, we've all got to pay for the kids' college, you know? 8)

I've got the CD with both the studio and the live album on it (though it leaves off one track from the live one). PM me.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Here There Be Llamas