Racist crap from right now

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Racist crap from right now

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 am

Ever the asshole, Bill O'Reilly on his radio show reports after dining with Al Sharpton in a Harlem restaurant:

"And I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship.

How astonishing!!!

And:

"There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'"
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 am

I've never been to NY and am not familiar with Sylvia's. So from what he's saying, all restaurants in NY are all exactly the same? How boring. Or is he just amazed that it is possible that blacks can manage a restaurant that's not greasy and roach infested? Well, welcome Mr. Oriley to the 20th century.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 pm

He gives idiots a bad name.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:53 pm

What - he failed to point out they were all a credit to their race? :roll: :lol: {Remember when people used to use that expression in all seriousness?}
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:36 pm

And so well-spoken...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby KLA2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 pm

This guy could have a whole new career as a restaurant critic. :evil:

Imagine what he could do with:

Chinese
Italian
French
Pakistani
Canadian
etc.

{Oh, I thought of filling in faux appraisals. Might be misunderstood and get me banned. :lol: Use your imaginations … :wink: }
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:12 am

Canadian restaurant? Closest I've ever been to a Canadian restaurant was a vending machine at the terminal building at Goose Bay. Got a bag of M&M's. So what's unique about Canadian restaurants?
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:11 am

They are darn polite.

Hey, whatcha havin' today, eh? Ya wanna Molsons with dat?

Hosers...

Take off...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:02 am

Funny ... whenever Enzo and I go out, I'm usually the one yelling "Mutherfucker!" and Enzo's the one dingin' on the help!

Which reminds me. when are we going to A2 to take hippie out?

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:11 am

As an MSU alum I know I am allowed in AA, but am I allowed in A2?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 pm

I'd tell you not to wear your colors, but that could be mis-construed in this thread.

Last night on The Daily Show they did a hilarious bit on the latest O'Reilly faux pas.

Really, though, he'll now get to play the victim, as they all do. I'm so sick of people feeling sorry and indignant for themselves when they shouldn't.

But then again, I'm not their audience and they have a helluva time pandering to my interests, you know? His audience wanted to hear that sort of thing. It makes "news" to the masses and pumps his numbers up, so the advertisers can get soaked a little more. His respondents get the same as well. It's a fucking joke and, unfortunately, a large majority of people get sucked into it as they believe that bullshit. And that includes those who espouse it.

Sigh ...

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:43 am

Little ranting about PC. Is there some department in D.C. with hundreds of people who sit around all day, studying words and phrases, to decide what should be PC and what isn't PC? I hate it when something that people have been saying for years with out any problem, with no one complaining. Then one day you say something and OMFSM, what are you? some kind of racist? Don't you know better than to say something like that?

Take the word Oriental. I've always thought of people from the far east as Oriental. I found out a couple of years ago it's not PC. You can say Oriental food, or Oriental art, furniture etc. But you can't refer to people as Oriental, only Asian. That makes no sense. It's like saying watermelon is n***r food. No one with any sense would do that.

Think about this: Suppose you're a police officer and you respond to reports of a shooting at a prominent east coast college. A terrified student runs up and says "An Asian guy is shooting people." You run around the corner of a building and see a Korean male and a dark skinned male with something in his hand. In the next two tenths of a second your brain says, "Korean=OK, dark skinned male, something in hand,=middle eastern=terrorist=shoot him". Turns out he's an Indian exchange student with a cell phone.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:16 am

Seconded.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:53 am

Watermelon should be referred to as Jungle Plum or at least Soul Melon.

yeah, I missed when Oriental became a bad word. To me the Orient MEANS Asia, Eastern Asia anyway.

And lately I have been seeing peole upset by "Jap" as in short for Japanese. DOn't know when that became verboten, but it is now.

Hey, I'll call you whatever you prefer, but at least pass out the memo when you change it.

Bill O'reilly is a hoot. He can dish it out, but as soon as anyone sends it his way, you'd think he was Prometheus chained on the mountain.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Apparently his appearance on the Colbert Report was a stitch. Couldn't get a word in or some such thing. He wasn't happy about it.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Superluminal wrote:Little ranting about PC. Is there some department in D.C. with hundreds of people who sit around all day, studying words and phrases, to decide what should be PC and what isn't PC? I hate it when something that people have been saying for years with out any problem, with no one complaining. Then one day you say something and OMFSM, what are you? some kind of racist? Don't you know better than to say something like that?

Take the word Oriental. I've always thought of people from the far east as Oriental. I found out a couple of years ago it's not PC. You can say Oriental food, or Oriental art, furniture etc. But you can't refer to people as Oriental, only Asian. That makes no sense. It's like saying watermelon is n***r food. No one with any sense would do that.

Think about this: Suppose you're a police officer and you respond to reports of a shooting at a prominent east coast college. A terrified student runs up and says "An Asian guy is shooting people." You run around the corner of a building and see a Korean male and a dark skinned male with something in his hand. In the next two tenths of a second your brain says, "Korean=OK, dark skinned male, something in hand,=middle eastern=terrorist=shoot him". Turns out he's an Indian exchange student with a cell phone.

Thirded. This one slipped by me as well. However, when is the last time you heard anyone referred to as an "occidental"?

Maybe in Asia. :)

More likely, "foreign devil". :lol:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:29 pm

Occidental is too long, they just call us "round-eye."
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Yeah that or gaijin.

Asia is way too large and diverse a place to refer to it when describing someone's ethnicity.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:59 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:Yeah that or gaijin.

Asia is way too large and diverse a place to refer to it when describing someone's ethnicity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaijin
gaijin is used to refer to potential spies or people who should be regarded as enemies

Otherwise known as "foreign devils". :lol:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:00 pm

I suppose oriental is more specific than Asian, since Asian includes Russians and Afhgans. But neither is particularly so. Oriental covers Vietnamese, CHinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. I don't suppose anyone would go for "slopes."

We as a society make up our own euphemisms. Asian means orientals to us. Just as African American doesn't include people who came from Morroco or Egypt, as if they were not Africans.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:48 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:Yeah that or gaijin.

Geikojin IIRC is the word for feriners.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:00 am

Enzo wrote:I suppose oriental is more specific than Asian, since Asian includes Russians and Afhgans. But neither is particularly so. Oriental covers Vietnamese, CHinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. I don't suppose anyone would go for "slopes."

We as a society make up our own euphemisms. Asian means orientals to us. Just as African American doesn't include people who came from Morroco or Egypt, as if they were not Africans.

If you go by place of birth, you've got at least two very Caucasian Asians at this board...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:23 am

KLA2 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaijin
gaijin is used to refer to potential spies or people who should be regarded as enemies

In the 13th century at least. :wink:

Superluminal wrote:Geikojin IIRC is the word for feriners.

Gaikokujin is a more polite word, whereas gaijin can be derogatory. :)
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:53 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:If you go by place of birth, you've got at least two very Caucasian Asians at this board...

Troooo! You don't get much more Caucasian looking that me, and yet I was definitely born in Asia.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Yes. An anachronism indeed that we think we must classify people by colour, race, gender or sexual preference.

On the other hand, kind of hard for the police if an APB can only describe “A person last seen wearing a shirt.” :wink:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Next

Return to Here There Be Llamas