Crime wave in Lansing

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Crime wave in Lansing

Postby Enzo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:53 am

Big headline: Lansing police sweep area, arresting 11 prostitutes.

As always, the newspaper provides a detailed map showing exactly where the prostitutes were hanging out, and also descriptions of how the Johns connect with them. Also included in the story are discussions of how hte police go about making such busts.

All in all, the paper provided a nice primer on how to find and engage a prostitute. Much abliged.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:36 am

Several years ago there was a Korean massage parlor in a residential neighborhood in Texarkana. No one knew it was there until the Texarkana Gazette ran a front page article, with pictures and the address, about the residents complaining that it was a brothel. Needless to say, but business boomed after that free advertising.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:06 am

We had one of those for a long time, way out in the middle of nothing on a road halfway between Lansing and another city. I guess there were a lot of farmers with aching backs...

Or maybe aching fronts?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:34 am

As of this morning we have a law criminalising kerb crawling.

Which is fine, except it isn't an offence if you are on foot. And prostitution is illegal, but that law isn't enforced. And criminalising the clients might drive it further underground and put the women in more danger. And Aberdeen has a zone where prostitution is allowed. And Edinburgh has brothels which are never raided, because they are safer than the streets. And the media can't decide if every pro is trafficked from Eastern Europe or a strong empowered woman.

My impression is that the majority of people in Edinburgh don't care one way or the other since it doesn't affect them on either end of the transaction.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: Crime wave in Lansing

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:28 am

Enzo wrote:As always, the newspaper provides a detailed map showing exactly where the prostitutes were hanging out, and also descriptions of how the Johns connect with them. Also included in the story are discussions of how hte police go about making such busts.

All in all, the paper provided a nice primer on how to find and engage a prostitute. Much abliged.

I am reminded of the person I knew who served on grand jury duty, and came back with a detailed map of town, showing where one had to go to buy each different type of drug :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:41 am

And who has the best prices?

We have a corner in Lansing on a major cross town street where a fast food joint sits acros from a prjoect housing placce. The drug dealing is so rampant and out in the open, we have for years referred to the place a the "Chicken and Dope."
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas