DOUBLE BANNED

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

DOUBLE BANNED

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:25 pm

I don't care anymore. I've cried too much lately. :P
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:26 pm

Is feeling sorry for myself worth it, NO!
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:28 pm

Candy wrote:DOUBLE BANNED

From where? Did something happen?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 pm

stupid feelings - do guys have these, too?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Lance wrote:
Candy wrote:DOUBLE BANNED

From where? Did something happen?

I think I was banned again, I was Stardate on the BABB. I confessed to being Candy, and POOF, I was banned.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:36 pm

I have to go to sleep right now. I work midnights, and I'm sleepy.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:39 pm

pghnative on BABB wrote:My feeling is that sometimes in life you gotta break the rules. And if you can do so without bothering anyone, more power to you. But if you do decide to break the rules, the last thing you want to do is jump up and down and say "hey, I'm breaking the rules, y'all"

What did you expect?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby frogesque » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:59 pm

Sorry Candy but if you got banned from BA again as a sock puppet then I think you have blown any chance you had of ever getting back there. What would have been better would have been to PM Phil, explain your circumstances and ask if you could be re-instated. It's no guarantee but it might have swayed him.

No chance now I fear.
frogesque
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby gillianren » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:46 pm

I have to agree--did you expect another outcome? sock puppets are explicitly forbidden. you created one. you let it run quite a while. then, in a big, attention-getting move, you created a thread announcing that you'd violated a board rule; could you get back in for it?

I understand your being upset at the initial banning, and while I do understand Phil's reasoning, I think it might have been overboard of him to do it. however, his decision, on account of it's his board. however, with your second identity, there was honestly no way he'd do anything but ban you again.

now. have you tried getting counseling? please don't take offense at this. heaven knows I don't mean "get therapy" as an insult, no matter to whom I'm saying it. it strikes me that you've got a lot of personal issues, and I really, really think that you could benefit from psychiatric help. your last few posts as "Stardate" felt, to me, like you were having impulse-control issues, and that can be dangerous.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:08 am

Candy wrote:stupid feelings - do guys have these, too?

Everyone has them, but when you are angry, upset, or otherwise feeling some strong emotions, it may not be the best time to make irreversible decisions. I don't think there is much that can be done now, but before doing something like this in the future, why don't you PM some of the people here? If you wait a day or two, and it still seems like a good idea, then you can still do it. If you do it, and it doesn't seem like a good idea later, not much you can do...

Don't know if it will be a good substitute, but this site is already getting a fair amount of traffic, hang out here with us and forget about BABB for a while. There's even a section named after you... :)
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:25 pm

I emailed the BA a couple of times with no response. I felt this was the only way to get his attention. I need a new hobby that requires less internet and more out of the home activities. Seriously, these last two months have felt like a withdrawal period. :?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:43 am

Well Candy, you can come down to the Arkansas Star Party Labor Day weekend. Meet some redneck astronomers, one owns his on trailer park. :lol:
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby jfribrg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:34 am

Hi candy.

I just got a PM over at the BABB telling me that you have been hanging out here. Just thought I'd say hi.
jfribrg
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby umop ap!sdn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:59 am

I don't believe this. I just don't freaking believe this. Candy, what the flying blue blazes were you thinking??? You've had a sock over there for the past month!? A goddamn sock! All the time that I talked to you about how and when to ask to be reinstated, you already had a freaking sock. Did you think I'd never find out? How do you think this makes me feel? I trusted you - I thought you were a great person, and now I find out you've gone and pulled this stunt. :x :cry: :x

I had a bad feeling when I followed you elsewhere after your first banning. I should have trusted that. I should have left well enough alone and moved on. Don't bother emailing me as I've blocked your address. Also, don't use any of my smileys, and I'm going to take down the ones you gave me off my site.

I need a few days alone to think through what just happened, and I don't know if I'm ever coming back here. I don't have anything against Lance, or the other perfectly reasonable decent folks on this board, but there hasn't been much here lately that I've enjoyed reading as I'm really not interested in following a board war against GLP.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:I don't believe this. I just don't freaking believe this. Candy, what the flying blue blazes were you thinking??? You've had a sock over there for the past month!? A goddamn sock! All the time that I talked to you about how and when to ask to be reinstated, you already had a freaking sock. Did you think I'd never find out? How do you think this makes me feel? I trusted you - I thought you were a great person, and now I find out you've gone and pulled this stunt. :x :cry: :x

I had a bad feeling when I followed you elsewhere after your first banning. I should have trusted that. I should have left well enough alone and moved on. Don't bother emailing me as I've blocked your address. Also, don't use any of my smileys, and I'm going to take down the ones you gave me off my site.

I need a few days alone to think through what just happened, and I don't know if I'm ever coming back here. I don't have anything against Lance, or the other perfectly reasonable decent folks on this board, but there hasn't been much here lately that I've enjoyed reading as I'm really not interested in following a board war against GLP.

Wow.

I didn't want people to know I was Stardate. If I'd known you'd felt so strongly about knowing, I would've told you. You didn't post on the BABB any longer, so I didn't think it was that important to you. I even asked you why you didn't post there any longer. Remember?

I know others over at the BABB that are "sock puppets" by their posts. Other posters mention it in subtle ways, too, but it's like a mystery. I just figured people would know it was me by my posting style. I think ToSeek guessed, but he never PM'd me to find out.

I couldn't do the "sock puppet" thing any longer. I felt like I wasn't being true to myself or anyone else. That's why I spilled the beans.

I became Stardate after someone emailed me that the BA was to meet Dr Brian Cox. The title of his program was Stardate: Deep Impact. I posted to that thread. Plus, I pointed out Dr Brian Cox in Wolverine's Einstein thread. You do know I have a huge crush on the good doctor? I just couldn't contain myself. :oops:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:56 pm

jfribrg wrote:Hi candy.

I just got a PM over at the BABB telling me that you have been hanging out here. Just thought I'd say hi.

Hey! I stalked you on the BABB this last month. Could you tell? :P

Can anyone guess which BABBer I stalked the most? Hint: He's a member here, but he doesn't post much. 8-[
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:04 pm

Superluminal wrote:Well Candy, you can come down to the Arkansas Star Party Labor Day weekend. Meet some redneck astronomers, one owns his on trailer park. :lol:

I took that weekend off, so plan for me to attend. Can I hang out with you? I need a good road trip for my Birthday (9/5). I'll finally be Jack Benny's age. :shock:

It's been too long, since I've had some real fun!
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:26 pm

I stalked this fellow, too. Who is he? :)
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Frogmarch » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:35 pm

I thought that you must have a sockpuppet that you used to transfer that Europeantrip thread and I though it would be useful to watch topics.
Frogmarch
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:49 pm

Plagiarizer wrote:I thought that you must have a sockpuppet that you used to transfer that Europeantrip thread and I though it would be useful to watch topics.

And Stardate wasn't obvious? It wasn't like I was in total hiding. :wink:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:01 pm

Candy wrote:And Stardate wasn't obvious? It wasn't like I was in total hiding. :wink:

I saw some Stardate posts (there was one about how long it takes to get dressed and what kind of make-up to wear and things like that), but I did not leap to the correct conclusion. On the other hand, I wasn't really expecting you.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:04 pm

Candy wrote:And Stardate wasn't obvious? It wasn't like I was in total hiding. :wink:

pghnative on BABB wrote:But if you do decide to break the rules, the last thing you want to do is jump up and down and say "hey, I'm breaking the rules"

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:07 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:

I saw some Stardate posts (there was one about how long it takes to get dressed and what kind of make-up to wear and things like that), but I did not leap to the correct conclusion. On the other hand, I wasn't really expecting you.

That was the "chick thread" - I love gillianren and pumpkinpie (spelling)! Gethen got us back on track with the purple hat. I'm almost tempted to go to Walmart to see what Gethen was talking about. :)
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Lance wrote:

pghnative on BABB wrote:But if you do decide to break the rules, the last thing you want to do is jump up and down and say "hey, I'm breaking the rules"

I didn't think I was breaking the rules, since there are so many other "sock puppets" on the BABB. :?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:13 pm

Candy wrote:
Lance wrote:

I didn't think I was breaking the rules, since there are so many other "sock puppets" on the BABB. :?

"But officer, please don't give me a ticket because everyone else was speeding too" doesn't usually work.

The rules was posted. How can you seriously say you didn't think you were breaking it.
Last edited by Lance on Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Here There Be Llamas