Nomen erat Omen......

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Nomen erat Omen......

Postby vonmazur » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:26 pm

I have noticed some little coincidences in the last couple of years.....Not just the first one(I noticed) when Elvis was a Star, and got drafted, some guy who was in the Eisenhower Administration, a deputy defence official was named Elviss Starr or something like that, and ever since, I have noticed that every now and then, certain things seem to coincide, and this, could be the basis of a new whackamundo belief system.....

Some time ago, I was discussing the Air Force One Aircraft with someone.....We got into a big discussion with some customers, who thought they were experts.......What it boils down to is, I said the last Presidential Aircraft to have a name,was Eisenhower's Lockheed Constellation, "Columbine"......Needless to say, the next day.....you can fill in the blank(s)!!!!

The very next day I was struck by the Sherrif's name in Jefferson County Colorado, " John Stone".......(See song; "Sloop John B")......Also, I live in Jefferson County, Alabama........Now all this has to mean something!!!

One can see how easy it is for WooWoos and Whackamunoes to comeup with this sort of stuff.........Examples abound, ie: H.P.Lovecraft writes a series of stories in the 20's, that had "Thetans" and Volcanos and other stuff, which turns up later in a well known Hollywood Religion.....or Richard Shaver and the "Deros" which turn up in later works.....In other words, one hears something in the past, or reads it, forgets about it in an ordinary way, and then years later.....it comes up like a U boot in St Nazarre Channel........Now if there is some sort of coincidence involved, well it becomes, Really True!!!!

This is not a criticism of any particular belief, just something I have noticed over the years........I could list a bunch of these little coincidences, which have happened in the past, but I suspect that everyone here gets the idea........

Dale in Ala
"neca eos omnes-Deus suos agnoscet"
vonmazur
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Candy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:00 pm

I work at United Airlines.

On September 10, 2001, I sent my boss an email about my concern if there was ever an incident with the routing plans of our emergency lines. The plans were outdated. The emergency procedures were outdated. The vector steps, for our emergency numbers, would go to a disconnect. My concern was with the time it would take to activate everything, so concerned callers would get information in a timely manner.

Well, he didn't see the email for several weeks after 9/11. He called me a witch, as if I had something to do with the horrible incident. He was joking, of course.

-----------------------------

The same boss told me his wife was expecting a baby. I jokenly said, wouldn't it be funny if you had twins. His eyes went big and his face went white. Well.... she gave birth to two heathy twin boys. :)
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Candy wrote:On September 10, 2001....He called me a witch, as if I had something to do with the horrible incident.

and

Candy wrote:...wouldn't it be funny if you had twins..... she gave birth to two heathy twin boys. :)

Candy:
Please repeat after me:

"Wouldn't it be great if Lance got a $120K job doing web design and server administration where he could work remotely?"

Repeat as necessary.

Thank you.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Candy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:14 pm

Wouldn't it be great if Lance got a $120K job doing web design and server administration where he could work remotely?

[-o<
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby A-hole » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Hi ya Hun,

What are your six favorite numbers darlin?
1-54 please \:D/
A-hole
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Candy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:18 am

A-hole wrote:Hi ya Hun,

What are your six favorite numbers darlin?
1-54 please \:D/

3-22-25-38-42-53

Numbers randomly picked by Candy

---------------------------------------------------------

Did I ever tell the story about the man that tried to break into my hotel room, while I was on a business trip to Seattle? :shock:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:29 am

If you had left the key were I could find it I wouldn't have had to break in. So go ahead and tell everybody. :P
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:26 pm

I flew to Seattle on the redeye from Chicago. I got in so late, that I decided to stay at the Radisson near the airport. We were supposed to stay near the Reservation Office for the meeting the next day. I checked in, went to my room, and got ready to take a shower.

I hear my door trying to be opened. It’s a good thing I put the latch on, otherwise, I would have been totally naked if this guy just walked in. I go to the door, and politely ask the man what he was doing. He said he was trying to get into his room. I reply, this is my room, and I’m here.

He sounded so tired and confused, that I let him in the room to use the phone to call the front desk. He seemed harmless. At that time, I had pulled my skirt up covering me like a dress. The hotel had a power outage, and mistakenly assigned him my room by accident. The gentleman left the room. I took my shower and went to bed.

But does the story end there?

The next day at the meeting, there was a guest speaker from Avaya. He walked into the room, and I told the guy sitting next to me that he looks familiar. The man from Avaya starts out with a story that happened to him last night. As he’s describing his story about how much he loves Seattle, and this is why… “I checked in last night, and there was a beautiful woman dressed only in a towel waiting for me in my hotel room.”

I interrupted his speech by yelling out, “Was that you?” He said, “Was that you?” It has to be one of the most embarrassing moments in my life. I sunk down in my seat with a red face. He came up to me later and we laughed about the coincidence.

The other Avaya folks there said we should buy a lottery ticket. What are the chances that two strangers living in Chicago meeting in this way, twice in Seattle? I heard he later came to my place of work asking about me. I never heard from him again.

I have more stories like this - my life is full of them. I wonder if that's why I don't like leaving my house. :wink:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Here There Be Llamas