“I Have Rights”

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

“I Have Rights”

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:05 am

Ilya on BABB wrote:When Ramzi Mohammed, one of July 21st London bombers, was surrounded by police officers, did he scream "Allahu Akbar!" and attack the infidels? No, he screamed "I have rights! I have rights!"

I just noticed the above discussion on BABB, which probably won't last long due to its political nature.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Candy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:56 am

I'm not touching this one.
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Frogmarch » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:59 am

The BABB thread has been locked now anyway.
Frogmarch
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:06 am

This is permissible discussion here so speak up if you're so inclined.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Frogmarch » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:13 am

The BA just got off the line to Radio5, according to another thread on BABBling. I wonder if he mentioned BadAstonomy?
Frogmarch
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:34 am

These people will give you their opinion on how many rights he has:

http://www.freedomhouse.org

See the country reports.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby frogesque » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:48 am

Just a reminder that these people are suspects and as such have not been convicted of any crimes. At this stage we should not assume guilt.

During this guy's arrest however the Police made a reasonable request that he should come out in just his underwear because there was a suspicion he might have had explosives or weapons concealed about his person. His rights were not infringed as he was cautioned with due process.

Suspects will also be tried with full access to defence council which is probably more than they would get if they were facing terrorist or treason charges in countries of alternative culture.
frogesque
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Disinfo Agent » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

its ok - i watched a documentary on uk tv last night about the london bombings where they interviewed high profile muslim leaders and they basically said :- (cant remember actual wording but to the effect of...)

"muslims aim is to rule the world - they will back down to nobody and will do whatever it takes"

"there isnt a uk law - there is only muslim law - if you have to break a uk law to do a muslim law then they will"

rather dark program to be honest , opened my eyes a bit to what actually is going on like protests in uk with hundreds of Brittish muslims shouting "bomb uk , bomb america"
Disinfo Agent
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Frogmarch » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:02 pm

on a news channel I watched an interview with one of the higher muslims and he talked about muslims living in the UK have a "coventant" with that country and that it was wrong for them to break UK law, the same, he said, applied to the US(or any country).
The same didn't apply to muslims who were not living in that country as he said that it was just the same as a war.
Frogmarch
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby gillianren » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:26 pm

I wonder how much--or how little--those individuals speak for the majority of their co-religionists.

I've been saying for years that the fact that, even if they are guilty, they still have rights, is what makes the system better. I don't want them executed out of hand; that makes them martyrs, which is not in their opponents' best interests. (just ask the Catholic church how helpful martyrs can be to the spread of a religion.) no, I want these people handled with the full protection of the law, put on trial, and treated according to the same system as anyone else, from shoplifters to Ted Bundy. equal protection under the law doesn't go away, and that's a point of pride to me.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to Here There Be Llamas