"Sweet Neo Con"

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

"Sweet Neo Con"

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:13 pm

Conservatives likely won't find tune so sweet
The Rolling Stones are taking aim at elements of the American right with a new song on their upcoming album.

The track, "Sweet Neo Con," boasts the line, "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of ..." Newsweek reports.

"It is direct," Mick Jagger was quoted as saying, adding that bandmate Keith Richards was "a bit worried" about a backlash because the guitarist lives in the United States and Jagger does not.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style/Unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the [Bush] administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told TV's "Extra" on Wednesday.

"Sweet Neo Con" is one of 16 tracks featured on the Stones' new album, "A Bigger Bang," which drops in the United States on Sept. 6.

Stones 'slate Bush' in album song
The Rolling Stones are currently rehearsing in Toronto for their 40-date world tour, which begins in Boston on 21 August.

I won’t be attending this year. :evil:

Perhaps, we should have a politics section.
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Mr. Manly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:01 pm

When entertainers get political I loose interest in them. If I want politics I'll watch CSPAN. When I go to a concert I want to be entertained not indoctrinated.
Got my jackboots polished and woo-woo bashin' on my mind.
Mr. Manly
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby sakuraba » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:57 pm

Mr. Manly wrote:When entertainers get political I loose interest in them. If I want politics I'll watch CSPAN. When I go to a concert I want to be entertained not indoctrinated.

Is CSPAN unbiased? I have checked their schedule and they will be showing some conspiracy stuff pretty soon. :?
The Kids next door set a bad example for kids. They suck. Everybody knows it.

The delightful children rule!!!
sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Puma » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:15 am

Mr. Manly: Ditto!
It's almost here...........
Puma
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to Here There Be Llamas