Biking

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Biking

Postby St. Jimmy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 pm

In an effort to be more Earth-friendly and save $10 a week, I've decided to borrow my girlfriend's purple and silver Diamondback mountain bike to use for transportation. The distance from my apartment to the school is 6 miles exactly. Well, thinking back to the days where I rode 20+ miles a day and sometimes more than that, I figure this would be a nice little relaxing bike ride.............WRONG.

I start by going up a very gradual gentle uphill and coast down hill to the stop sign and turn.....Go over a viadock with no bike route and pray to god drivers behind me are paying attention and turn at the next road.......upward hill with no down hill to look forward to....cross over to the left traffic lane to turn left or wait for 5 minutes to get across 2 crosswalks.....hills hills hills hills hills, however! there is a bike route and right before the biggest hill, the bike route ends, so i turn.......then finally flat easy road, but by this point i'm so exhausted it feels just as bad as the hills...on more turn and I'm finally there.

WORST. BICYCLE. RIDE. EVER.

Although, on the brightside, I will be in great shape, improving my heart health, saving the environment from that much more pollution, and I don't have to worry about traffic except at that stupid viadock....

btw hippie, wanna go for a bike ride around A2?
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am

Mountain bikes are for mountains, road bikes are for roads . . . :D

Rolling resistance is your enemy, at the very least put road tyres (or tires) on it.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 am

And just think, Jimmy, in another 40 years you can tell your excited grandchildren about what it was like going uphill to school both ways... in the snow... barefoot
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas