ieSpell appears to be a little biased.

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

ieSpell appears to be a little biased.

Postby Lance » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:10 pm

I use (and love) ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer but it seems I may have uncovered a bit of a bias on their part.

I was answering a post on the phpBB Support Forums today in which I made reference to both GoogleBot and MSNbot. These are automated systems that scan web sites and include them in the search engines.

When I spell checked my post before submitting, ieSpell caught both words and offered suggestions. Note that in some cases, ieSpell just tries to correct capitalization.

So tell us, ieSpell, what do you really think of MSNbot?
Last edited by Lance on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:14 pm

A little biased? You think?

:glp-lol:
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:58 am

There used to be an easter egg in, I think it was MS Word 97, where if you went to Help and looked up something about seeing Bill Gates dead, it returned with "yeah I'll drink to that."
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:57 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:There used to be an easter egg in, I think it was MS Word 97, where if you went to Help and looked up something about seeing Bill Gates dead, it returned with "yeah I'll drink to that."

I have some very vague recollection of some index or search tool working like that. The trick was, the wording of the question was, alphabetically, just before "I'll drink to that." You could do it with lots of questions, provided you respected the initial wording...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Oh is that how it worked! It was phrased "I'd like to see..." so I guess that'd be why.

I just checked it, and it's through the thesaurus. Since anyone's name would work, I guess Word 97 isn't biased after all. :?
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Here There Be Llamas