It's almost that time

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

It's almost that time

Postby wring » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 am

Soon, Enzo will be closing up shop ("soon" is a relative term - he'll come home sometime w/in the next 24 hours) At that time, we'll pack up the car and start on our annual trip to the East Coast to see his relatives. All I have to do to finish packing is put my kindle in my carryon, put my meds in the carryon as well, and put the bacon (some 9 pounds) into my big rolling suitcase. Then, we'll drive to Toledo, hop the train and begin our vacation.

When we get there, we'll unpack and place our presents under the tree (most of mine are there already, having been shipped ages ago). And, on Christmas day, the unwrapping process will begin. And, at the end, perhaps Santa will have some special gifts for Enzo's family.

Be on the lookout for some news story "Michigan man under arrest for murdering prank playing wife".

And, as soon as I know he's offline for the duration, I'll post what the gift is. Santa told me already. O:)
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: It's almost that time

Postby Lance » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:37 am

9 pounds of bacon?

(Have a great trip!)
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby wring » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 am

Well, yea. At first I just brought like 4 pounds, (2 each for each family), but the family we visited fried theirs all up while we were all there. So, I started bringing some for each family and some for all of us while we were there. Trust me, if I don't bring bacon, people are upset. I also give it to my family as gifts as well. Ask Jimmy and BlueMonster - I gave them some one year, too. It's good bacon.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby tubeswell » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:49 am

Good Times! Nice story wring!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Lance » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 am

But I grew up out east. They have bacon there. Why do you have to import it? (ALL bacon os good bacon.)

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 am

It is exceptionally good thick cut peppered bacon. Bacon is like sex, even cheap bacon is better than no bacon. But this stuff is good. Sure, she could go find some like it at a meat market out east, but we do our shopping here, and take with us.

Darling dearest left out the bloody marys. We always have breakfast in the dining car. Opens at 6:30AM, and we try not to be late. We grab some ice in the diner, and back to our compartment for bloody mary time. Hot/spicy V8 juice instead of straight tomato. She has learned over the years that we don;t REALLY need TWO pints of vodka, one will do. One trip she made hers, and had maybe four ounces of vodka left in the bottle. Hands it to me and says, "Here, just finish it off, I'm OK." I just want a cocktail, not to get soused.

I won't be accused of murder, whatever she has planned. She does, however, have a future as the first woman on the moon. POW!

E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Enzo wrote:It is exceptionally good thick cut peppered bacon.

Oh, now I see. That sounds real good!

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Мастер » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Lance wrote:But I grew up out east. They have bacon there. Why do you have to import it? (ALL bacon os good bacon.)

Where you lived, did they have that wondrous concoction called "scrapple"? I think wring and Enzo can get it where they're going. Whether they want to or not is another question . . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby wring » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Enzo has done scrapple. Yeah, it's really good bacon. I've given it to my family as well and for a while, my brother in law would drive some 80 miles to the place every other month. His sister asked me to send some to her son in CA, as well.

Ok, he's home. This year, I have some lovely elegant wine bags, black w/gold embossing, his face "it's in the bag" but the real one is a flexible chopping mat (you know, you put it on your counter or chopping block, chop your veggies and it lifts up and curls up so you can then pour the chopped stuff into whatever you're cooking). On the lower right hand corner, this one has his face saying "Ow ow ow ow ow ow". Oddly enough his brother in law asked for some of these for Christmas (I already had them). But, for something extra, I sent one to Enzo's favorite tv chef (Iron Chef Bobby Flay), who, upon request, sent back an autographed pic of Chef Flay captioned "Enzo - thanks for the chopping mat".

So, after all the gifts are unwrapped, his family will unwrap the chopping mats, then, for the first time, "Santa" will have a special gift for Enzo and he'll get the autographed pic. My prediction is he'll say something like "wow. oh, you didn't. oh god you did, didn't you?"
Will try and get it taped...
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby tubeswell » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 pm

wring wrote:... But, for something extra, I sent one to Enzo's favorite tv chef (Iron Chef Bobby Flay), who, upon request, sent back an autographed pic of Chef Flay captioned "Enzo - thanks for the chopping mat".

.... Will try and get it taped...

:glp-1rof1:

Can please you tape Chef Bobby Flay's TV show too? The one where he's gonna use the chopping mat?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Lance » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:53 am

Мастер wrote:
Lance wrote:But I grew up out east. They have bacon there. Why do you have to import it? (ALL bacon os good bacon.)

Where you lived, did they have that wondrous concoction called "scrapple"? I think wring and Enzo can get it where th going. Whether they want to or not is another question . . .

No, thank FSM.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Enzo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:23 am

AH, I don't think Bobby will use my mat on the air, though that would be cool to spot it.

Yes, dear, the Bobby Flay photo was a total surprise, and really pretty cool.

I just LOVE scrapple. Not on wring's list of faves though. Scrapple is a sort of loaf of stuff made of pork livers and snouts and what-not, plus corn meal. Slice it and fry it up. Yummy. I used to buy a few pounds of it when back east, but any more< I can find it in one particular store here. It goes on the plate with eggs at breakfast instead of sausage, but we also used to eat it with syrup like it was some sort of french toast. I associate it mainly with Maryland and Pennsylvania.

Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Oh cool, I always heard my mom talking about "pun hoss" when scrapple came up, but never realized they were the same thing.

Hey, snout is perfectly good meat, it just has a couple holes in it.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas