Estrogen

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Estrogen

Postby Enzo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 am

It wasn't the best of times, it wasn't the worst of times...

Today was the "Woman's Expo" at the county fairgrounds. Now that we live maybe a half mile from there, the wife wanted to go. SO I went along. Blowing snow, single digit temperatures (Farenhei..Fahren...Fheran...not Celcius), high winds, we drove across the tundra parking lot to find the pavilion hall. A largish open inside structure where at other times livestock is judged, or pleasure boats are displayed. But today it was about women. They had cordoned off part of the floor, and a wide empty swath surrounded everything, but out in the center was a couple rows of booths. A vendor in the corner was selling hot dogs and sausages and stuff.

having never been to such an affair, I expected to see a lot of plump women with real short hair and flannel shirts, but it seemed like an average crowd. I did see a few guys doing the husband shuffle. I did some of that myself. Idly walking along, looking at nothing in particular, waiting for their wives. The vendors in the booths were varied. A bunch of ones tht show up at just every kind of show: a couple local banks/credit-unions, the chamber of commerce, county fair commission, 4-H club, the people selling 40 kinds of chip dip mix, etc. A good number of ones selling natural soap - goat milk based or some such.

At one end was a stage set up, and a couple hundred folding chairs for the audience. On stage was a woman in a leotard doing yoga while speaking about it to the audience... Or would have been, had there been even a single soul in the seats. Kinda ludicrous. But she was a trouper, she continued to do her spiel while she contorted to the empty seats. We did note later that two people sat down in the back, and proceeded to examine their purchases. I suggested to wring that we sit there and holler out "FREE BIRD".

There was a booth selling "Bamboo Pillows", as seen on TV, not available in stores. I guess this was not a "store". Shredded memory foam in a pillowcase made of bamboo fiber... or something. Clearly such a pillow would solve all sleep problems, cure any aching necks, and perhaps eliminate cancer. local radio station was there, or at least their painted van with the call letters. Inside off in the corner was a young man from the station with a wheel of fortune set on a table. You could spin the wheel, and a couple places on it might award you some little prize. A couple movie tickets or a manicure/pedicure. I was sure hoping to win that pedicure, but no such luck. We chatted with the nice young man, telling him "Nice gig." he said "I'm an intern." Oh, so that is why you get to stand there alone, waiting for a passerby.

Got some Girl Scout Cookies. I used to be a Do-Si-Do man, but I have moved on to Samoas. The wife got some shortbreads with toffee bits.

One of the banks had freebie, a pink rubber disk. I thought for sure a whoopee cushion, but when I grabbed one, it turned out to be grip pad for opening jar lids.

The wife had a hidden agenda. When we first entered, she went straight to a booth that sells cake pops - balls of cake on sticks. As I caught up, she points to me and says to them, "THIS is the face on all that stuff I make." Most of you are aware she sticks my face on various products, so here I was a dog and pony show again.

But I guess it is far better thing I do, going somewhere with the wife, than I did staying home before.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Estrogen

Postby Lance » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:42 am

Ah, sounds like a good time was had by all.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Bravo for the Tale of Two Cities top and tail. :=D: :=D:
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby MM_Dandy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Enzo wrote:There was a booth selling "Bamboo Pillows", as seen on TV, not available in stores. I guess this was not a "store".

Obviously, you were on TV.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby wring » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Actually, I'd planned to go on my own, 'cause this one baker was going to be there - her husband worked at a place where I also had office space and he'd bring in cake pops and new flavors to test out. I'd given him an Enzo spatula and he'd reported that she really liked it and used it for her frosting. anyhow, I missed her cake pops and wanted to get a couple. But he insisted on coming along, so I thought she'd appreciate meeting the face behind the spatula.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Enzo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:37 am

I didn't insist, I just didn't beg off when she said "you don't HAVE to go." We like going places together, even if the particular place is not our favorite.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas