South Dakota is most Neurotic state

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

South Dakota is most Neurotic state

Postby MM_Dandy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm

According to KELO, the website Truit has pegged South Dakota as the most neurotic of the all the states. It also believes we are the 3rd most introverted, and the most focused, life-organizationally speaking, whatever the hell that means. Finally, along with North Dakota (aka "Dakota"), the Rushmore State is considered to be the land of the "Friendly Conservative." So, according to one source, we are known as "open, warm, and straightforward," as well as the most likely to go postal on your ass.

Illinois is claimed to be the most competitive state, along with the most flexible in that life-organization category, and that it's citizens are most likely to think in concrete terms rather than in the abstract.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I couldn't find the original source at Truity.com. So, anybody agree or disagree with what we see here?
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Re: South Dakota is most Neurotic state

Postby Arneb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Friendly Conservative...I guess it's no coincidence that category exists only in two of the least-populous states. Never heard of those folks from your side of the pond lately.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby MM_Dandy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Perhaps it means that we are politely crazy. A little bit like Canada - Oh, dear, please excuse me while I cry uncontrollably over my goulash.*

*Goulash here is not really goulash. This is what you would get if you walked into just about any kitchen in South Dakota serving "goulash."
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lianachan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Hmm - doesn't sound much like goulash right enough, and I'd be cautious about any recipe that instructs you to "scrape bottom of frying pan". That said, it doesn't actually sound too bad*.

*I'd prefer proper goulash, though.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Enzo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Scrape the bottom? AH, fancier cooks call that deglazing the pan.

Everywhere I have been, when they say goulash, they mean macaroni with a ground beef and tomato sauce on it.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 pm

That would be what us Lowlanders know as "Cheesy macaroni mince", the recipe is still on packets of Marshall's Macaroni.

You don't want to know what my mother used to serve as "mousaka": needless to say I was very surprised the first time I had mousaka in Greece.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:31 pm

I once made up some pretty standard pasta meat sauce and poured it only the only noodles we had in the house at the time; elbows. Cyndi saw it and immediately exclaimed "goulash!" Not to me, but it's funny how food names can vary by region like that.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Lance wrote:I once made up some pretty standard pasta meat sauce and poured it only the only noodles we had in the house at the time; elbows. Cyndi saw it and immediately exclaimed "goulash!" Not to me, but it's funny how food names can vary by region like that.

That's because you can't think in the abstract as well as she can. ;)
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Enzo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Much as I would love beef wellington for dinner, expedience rears its ugly head, and I like to make one skillet/pot meals a lot. Usually it involves ground beef or pork, always has onions and hot peppers. I might mix that with baked beans, or mix with macaroni and cheese (yes, from a box), it might turn into full blown chili. Might mix into rice.

Rather than struggle with a name, we tend to just call everything "glop." "What kind of glop do you want for dinner, dear? bean glop? Rice glop? Macaroni glop?"

40 some years ago I moved into a hippie commune (the same farm I wound up on alone, and then with the wife). We each had a day of the week that was our day to cook meals for the group. I liked to make bean soup. I prefer a thick hearty bean soup. I often baked corn bread to go with it. some of the others would vocally complain the soup was too thick, not "soupy" enough. So I solved the problem, I quit calling it soup, and started calling it "bean surprise". If their bowl of surprise was too thick, they could dump some water in it, the bastids.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 am

"Glop" huh? Okay, good. Now I know what to call it. I make that a lot.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Here There Be Llamas