Police story

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Police story

Postby wring » Wed May 20, 2015 11:05 pm

So, we still have the same local paper, however now that we live in the county capital, we get a special section that is devoted to Mason Michigan stuff. It only comes out on Sunday and has now become my favorite thing. Because, you see, it includes the 'police calls' for the prior week. Once, it was reported that the police were called to a domestic dispute, in that a girl had been locked out of her boyfriends house, and he refused to let her in to get her phone. Police arrived, they called the young mans mother, who told him to give her back her phone.
another one, the police noticed a local ne're do well (no, not Enzo), "known to police" and they followed him, caught him urinating on a fence IN THE DAYLIGHT!, ticketed him, he thanked them for not shooting him.

recently, there was the woman who called the police to talk to her daughter who'd been ejected from the school bus for poor behavior.

and, just last Sunday, a 9-1-1 emergency call was received wherein a local resident advised the operator that he was ready and willing to help fight "terrorists" . Police talked to the guy, assured him they had the situation well in hand, but would call on him if needed. They also noted that the guys' "caregiver" would be notified of the situation.

gotta love it.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: Police story

Postby Lance » Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 am

Ah, small towns...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Re: Police story

Postby Enzo » Thu May 21, 2015 1:48 am

Yep. I walked down to the news stand yesterday afternoon to buy the Detroit Free Press, and they were sold out. I had to walk all the way across downtown to another store, a full two blocks.

On the other hand, I was sitting on the bench across from the courthouse today, reading my paper, when wring's lawyer friend walked up, held out a dollar and said "Here, go buy yourself a coffee." Even though my "I'm not homeless" button was in clear view. He then offered to buy me a beer at the brewery, after he spent a few minutes in the courthouse. And so off we went, and I had a pale ale. Meanwhile, I sincerely regret I was not quite quick enough. When he handed me the dollar for a coffee, I should have replied, "But a latte is $5." That might have been too hip for the small town, I don't know for sure. Though the news stand is also a coffee joint.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas