The slippery slope

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

The slippery slope

Postby Enzo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:48 am

Today was the monthly church dinner in the community room. They have bingo afterwards. Of course we have stated that when we start playing bingo, it is time to put us on the ice floe and set us adrift.

Well, today, wring stayed behind and played bingo.

I think I'll miss her.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: The slippery slope

Postby Lance » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:41 am

Does she get to take a ration of seal blubber with her or is it "Tavvauvutit" and you're out of here?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby wring » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:23 am

Asshole. (aimed at Enzo)

The church folks are all young couples with very young children, a pack of 'em from about 3 to 7. They've learned that I give 'em rubber ducks, and they like that. The pastor's kids, as a matter of fact, have gotten so familiar w/me that especially the son will say things like "I already have this one" or "I don't like this one very much is there another I can have?".

Anyhow. I'd handed out their rubber ducks to the kids who were all watching some movie or another. Shortly afterward, their moms turned the tv off and rounded the kids up to have their own supper, encouraging the kids to sit next to the old folk. One little boy sat across the table from me, between Enzo and Ruth (a very nice old lady w/a wicked sense of humor), and one little girl sat between me and another old lady. Anyhow, they brought out the bingo stuff, including their own prize table (most of which I didn't care about, but there was a lovely blown glass ball). anyhow, we were making our apologies about leaving, but they had a wrinkle of their own, the bingo cards, instead of numbers and letters, were stickers so the kids could participate, and the kids were all encouraged to pick out a partner (old person). Well, the little girl next to me shyly asked if I'd partner w/her. What was I supposed to do?

so, I played. the whole deal was just a way for them to give little gifts to the old folks (and the kids also got prize), so they made sure that everyone got at least one prize. I was opting out of taking prizes, but low and behold, even though I was one of the last to 'win', the glass ball was still available, so it's Mine now. That's MINE, MINE, MINE!!!

I still think I should get a 'bye' on the whole deal, 'cause it was for the children. Won't anyone think of the children?????
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Lance » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 am

wring wrote:I still think I should get a 'bye' on the whole deal, 'cause it was for the children. Won't anyone think of the children?????

I hope you enjoy your seal blubber.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby wring » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 am

and apparently some one else wants a "bite me" directed at him...
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Lance » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:00 pm

:D

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Here There Be Llamas