We are not dead yet.

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

We are not dead yet.

Postby Enzo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Here in the town of Mason. OK, OK, City of Mason. Here in Mason we have parades, and July 4th is one major one. Here at the home we had a meeting today to discuss stupid stuff like not using the laundry room after some hour in the evening, and tell our guests not to park in the reserved spots.

But it was announced that in next year's 4th of July parade, we here at Jefferson Square would have a float. Ruth, the lady who always thanks me for wearing pants, suggested we have a banner on the side of it that read "We aren't dead yet." They want us to volunteer to decorate the thing. Someone suggested a red, white, and blue Xmas tree sort of thing for Xmas in July theme. Someone else has a son with a flat bed truck with seats on it. We are ready to go.

I made a suggestion: Precision Walker Marching Brigade

It seemed to get a rousing approval... or at least a good laugh from the group.

I am now imagining uniforms for us. Bottle brushes sticking up from hats. Adult diapers with sequins. Maybe a fringe of catheters. And a couple of clowns in their motor chairs. Not sure if the building manager will approve all that, but i am hopeful.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: We are not dead yet.

Postby wring » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 pm

We were relatively behaved at the meeting, all told.
But I thought there was a better funny from the 'pre-meeting' conversation with the resident manager.
For quite some time (years, now), Enzo will occasionally get in the mail, coupons from Victoria's Secret (you know, the lingerie folk), for free panties. There had been a local outlet for them, but we could never figure out a non-creepy way for him to use the coupon ("yeah, I'm here for my free panties") - and I simply couldn't afford to bail him out of jail. Even if we got them, what then? Gift from creepy Uncle Enzo to one of our nieces? I think not. Anyhow, we got yet another one of them the other day and Enzo gave the coupon to the resident manager, who was grateful to get it.

She did tell us, however, that when she got home and showed the coupon to her husband (a State Police officer), "hey, look at what one of my residents gave me", he was pretty suspicious. Then, she told him it was us who gave it to her (yes, he's met us, plus she gets rubber ducks and things with Enzo's face on it from me). His reply? "Oh, that makes sense, then".

:glp-rimshot:
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm

wring wrote:"Oh, that makes sense, then".

:clapper:
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 am

yeah, I have developed some sort of rep around this place.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas