Kids these days

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Kids these days

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:46 am

So our senior apartment is involved with subsidies from the federal/state governments, and that means we get inspected. They come though and make sure all the smoke detectors work. They look for hazards like fifteen extension cords across the walkways. And that our pull cords are not taped up away from the cats.

We get recertified annually as tenants. We have to meet income limits and the apartment is inspected by the manager.

That was yesterday. She is a nice young lady - maybe 30 - not sure if that makes her a millennial or a gen xer or what, but not a boomer.

So she came up and looked the place over. Noted we were generally in good shape, though she faulted me for not pulling the knobs off the stove anda cleaning under them. yeah well, I keep the stove top clean.

And then, she got to the bathroom. I pointed out that the "dirt" in the commode was in fact spotty porcelain coverage, the finish was defective. I suspect when they put the place together they bough seconds instead of prime appliances. I brush the thing out all the time, it ain't dirty. But the coup de grass: she said my bathroom mirror was dirty. SPlash spots? I said to her "BFD". She asked what BFD meant.

"Big fucking deal", lady.

Apparently, no one says that any more.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Kids these days

Postby wring » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm

or maybe she just doesn't swear, ya know, what with her being mom to two small boys and married to a state cop.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: Kids these days

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 pm

You don't have to sing the song to know the words.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas