Purity

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Purity

Postby Enzo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm

I can be a rule breaker. I am irreverent, I don't own a suit, I ate sushi before sushi was cool. On the other hand I can be a traditionalist. I like my whiskey neat, my coffee black, and my beer free of fruit juice or other contaminants.

There is a fine meat market out in the country a couple miles south of town. They do traditional butchery, plus they will "do up" deer and other game for hunters. They make a fine thick cut peppered bacon. I think wring has told of bacon as an appreciated Xmas gift. When her sister and BIL visit from Battle Creek, they always stop by the bacon store on the way back home.

So we went down to the bacon store a day ago, and she bought some. Now this morning, I see her trying to open a package of bacon. And then she showed me the label...

MANGO-PINEAPPLE BACON.

I can't believe such a thing exists. MAkes me shudder. Some bacon beast gave its life to be so disrespected.

If she didn't want me eating any of her bacon, she could have just said so, rather than sabotaging it.

Ooohh nooo, she is having eggs with it. Pineapple on pizza is bad enough, but I cannot imagine pineapple eggs. With or without the mango.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Purity

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 pm

I like pineapple, I like mango, and I like bacon and eggs. I'd be wary, but I'd give it a shot, maybe with a dash of jalapeno seasoning.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lianachan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Pineapple on a gammon steak is perfectly acceptable, so I'd be willing to give this Satan's bacon a go.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Be Pure, Be Vigilant B Acon!
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby g-one » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Sounds like it might work for Hawaiian pizza.
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Arneb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I accept pinapple on pizza beause my wife makes it and the kids love it. Otherwise, what Enzo said. Fresh pineapple. Fressh mango. Expertly smoked ham. Pasta. Tomato sauce. Beer. Wine. Whisky. Water. OK, Coke. OK OK, diet Coke.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby wring » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

I'd once bought some for Enzo's nephew (the same kid who used to only eat 5 foods ever - doughnuts, cereal, raw spinach and I can't remember the other 2). Anyhow, Tim had said it was ok, but liked the peppered better. So, I'm there to get some peppered bacon, and I noticed a bin of "end pieces", and it was all the mango pineapple (and one of apple pie bacon). So I thought that this way I could try it w/o really committing to having a lot. So I tried it. It was ok, but nothing I'd go out of my way to get again. but I'll gladly claim that the bacon I'm preparing is the mango stuff to keep him out of the peppered.

sometimes. it's good to try new things.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Here There Be Llamas