This ever happen to you Enzo?

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

This ever happen to you Enzo?

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Vending machine guy called up to NHL team. Maybe a bit late in the day for Enzo but g-one might still end up in the NHL if he's a goalie. :D There are a whole lot of great stories about guys ending up as emergency goalies on NHL teams.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: This ever happen to you Enzo?

Postby Enzo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:53 pm

No, not yet, but our band used to play in Ontario a lot.

My vending experience included some field service at the Pussycat Theater, and the local Deja Vu. Both strip clubs. The people who operate the Deja Vu chain manufacture various coin operated equipment. There are rows of small booths or rooms with a video screen on the wall, and a selector switch to chose from a half dozen channels. And a coin acceptor and a dollar bill acceptor, so you can pay to watch. All these controls and stuff were made here in Michigan. Oddly enough there were tissue dispensers in the hallway. There were two guys who did nothing all day but overhauls VCRs, the source of the videos. They contracted me to provide some field service in Michigan. I still have a key to their pinball machines on my ring, though I haven't been on a call for them in decades.

Another thing they had was live shows. There was a stage for the performer, and in a circle all around it were more booths. In each one was a metal shutter that came down over the window onto the stage. You put money in and the shade lifted so you could watch the stripper. There was also a special slot so you could pass money straight through the wall to the stripper direct. This to entice her over right in front of you to gyrate. They manufactured all that stuff too, and I was sent to service the stuff from time to time. They even had a fiberglass shop to produce the booths themselves.

So I was the vending guy in those clubs at times, but they never called on me to step in and perform service...

It might be a little late in the day for me for that as well as hockey...

Y'know, wring is known around here as the Duck Lady. Perhaps if we were to visit Anaheim, they might ask her to... Ah, maybe not.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lianachan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:43 pm

These days I’m nervous of attending matches at Victoria Park in case I end up getting a game.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm

Take your boots just in case.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby g-one » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Great story!
Won't happen to me, anywhere in this country there are great players to be found for any occasion. I am not one of them. :D

As far as "why hasn't anyone made a movie", it's not quite the same, but the Attila Ambrus (whiskey robber) story is about a pro hockey goalie, and may end up a movie yet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_Ambrus
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Return to Here There Be Llamas