Know your audience

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Know your audience

Postby wring » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 am

I remember years ago, while a student at Michigan State U, I was stopped by a bystander, asking for directions to a certain place of business. The friend I was with, started with streets, cross street, then referenced a local art gallery. I looked at the guy, and thought "nope, not this guy", and I said "You know where Dooleys is?" (a then local bar) Oh, yeah, sure I do! Well, it's just down the street from there.

Tonight, as we were returning from our adventure du jour, I spotted a driver's license on the floor in the vestibule of our apt. building. I picked it up, the person was a young woman, like 22, so not a resident, maybe a caregiver. Went to the community room, asked the people there if they knew her. Nope, nobody did.

As is common here, everybody is interested in everything. So, while I was in the community room, and the gathering there were speculating which caregiver it might be, Enzo was at the elevator, chatting with a couple other guys. So, I come back to them, and they give me suggestions. "Look in the phone book" says one guy. "Yeah, that's a good idea" says the other. I thanked them, and Enzo and I went home. We get into the apt. and Enzo suggests I google the young woman's name.

Nope, I got this covered - she's a 20 something female, likely to have a smart phone, not be listed in a phone book, but certainly is gonna be on facebook. So I do that first. So, I message her, and 5 minutes later our phone rings. A half hour later, she had her license back (and 2 ninja rubber ducks for her 2 small male children).

I know my audience. (yeah, she was also on google, but all that did was indicate she was on both facebook and twitter).
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: Know your audience

Postby Enzo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 am

So google would have got you there too...

Dumb broad...
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby wring » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am

I don't do twitter, and I already figured facebook.

So your suggestion would have either not worked or gotten to what I figured one step later.

:glp-dumbass:
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Enzo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Yeah well, I put gas in the car.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby wring » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 pm

that was soooooooo yesterday. or maybe even the day before.

I'm cooking dinner.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Here There Be Llamas