A History Lesson

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

A History Lesson

Postby wring » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 am

Today, we decided to go to a local pub where they have half priced burgers in the afternoon. They're good burgers. They also have multiple tvs, all set to various sports stations. With the sound off. So you can hear their sound system, which, according to Enzo only has one half of the stereo going. More noticeable on some songs than others.

Today, they were playing a bunch of old time rock and roll classics. Rolling Stones. Led Zeppelin. Aerosmith.

And, as happens, Enzo then gets lost in thought. As he ages, I've noticed this tendency- he'll start thinking back on his life and start talking about past events, his childhood, young adulthood, college days, his parents, places he's seen. Just lots.

And, so today, as we're listening to Led Zeppelin, he starts waxing poetic. He starts off with "This reminds me of my glory days in Rock N Roll".

I replied "oh, when? last Tuesday and Thursday?"

He suggested some impossible physical act...

. :mrgreen: .
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: A History Lesson

Postby Enzo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:50 am

Worthless hussy...

Left or right, I know not which, but the stereo speaker next to us only had one of them. The other was across the room somewhere. SO I don't know if we got Led or Zeppelin, but we didn;t get them both.

I never thought of it, but I think one could make a goof medley out of Werewolves of London, and Sweet Home Alabama.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby g-one » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but Kid Rock got dat covered ;). (All Summer Long)
Not really a mash-up, but he samples both songs in there.
Actually, if you check youtube, there are some mash-ups of those 2 tunes you mentioned (and pretty much any other tunes you could ever come up with).
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Enzo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 am

Yeah, considering my lack of talent musically, I am not surprised any idea I get hasn't been done already.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas