Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Postby wring » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:08 am

After recycling today, Enzo took me out to lunch at Red Lobster. We like it there, don't go often anymore, but have a long history of fine times there (including that's where Enzo presented to me my "one and a half carrots" engagement/wedding ring).

Anyhow, we get there, server comes up and as they do these days, introduced himself, "my name is Chase, and I'll be serving you this afternoon". Chase is an unusual name, so I look up, and see a handsome young man... and I instantly realize 'hey, he looks a lot like one of my favorite former employees, and is named the same as Duane's son" so I ask him what his last name is.

He does a double take and me, then looks over at Enzo and says "I recognize you from the chip clips!!!!" Enzo just started banging his head on the table.

Yes, indeed, it was Duane's son. We had a great time, I made a special trip out to the car and dug around finding some other Enzo items, so he got a doggy bag of them, as well as an Obama rubber duck.

He told me I figured large in his childhood - I often would spot things in catalogs and such and encourage Duane to get them for his son. (Chase's mom was not always as pleased, but what the hell), and he often got ducks and so on.

:glp-rimshot:

:glp-s301:

He even comp'ed us a dessert! Great time!
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: Karma

Postby Lance » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 am

Aw. I like that story.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Re: Karma

Postby Enzo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:27 pm

I can't take her anywhere...
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Here There Be Llamas