Logging out

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

Logging out

Postby KLA2 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:43 pm

I note that "logout" is an option on this (and other) boards. Is there a reason to do so? Is failure to do so discourteous? Circumstances often cause me to leave this website without "loggingout".
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Re: Logging out

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:29 am

KLA2 wrote:I note that "logout" is an option on this (and other) boards. Is there a reason to do so? Is failure to do so discourteous? Circumstances often cause me to leave this website without "loggingout".

It's an optional security feature. Lots of people who use forums have family and friends who use their computer, so if they wanted, they could simply find the site in your favorites or history and post under your user name, which, as I've seen before, can be a very ugly thing.

I've only used the Logout on my own forum in oder to test other accounts for features...I have no one else who uses my computer, so I have no worries.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:31 pm

Ah. Thanks, DS
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:25 pm

Yeah, I only "logout" if I'm using a public/shared computer. It deletes your login cookie.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:01 pm

I use "log out" at work but not at home. But once in a while the board decides to log me out from home anyway. :lol:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints