When you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras.

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

When you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras.

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 pm

But in this case it was a friggin antelope.

After fighting with AT&T for a week, and being told time after time that the problem was with my equipment, I _finally_ got a tech that would listen to me. As a tech myself, I know how to troubleshoot and eliminate potential causes for problems so I was able to prove the issue was not on my end.

After 4 1/2 hours here, the tech, through the AT&T Network Operations Center (NOC) was able to determine there was a mis-configured OC-6 fiber channel serving the DSLAM that feeds my neighborhood. The NOC told the tech, "of all our subscribers, you got the one guy who could find something like that."

It feels very good, after being told by a dozen people for a week that it was "my" problem, to have found the resolution.

And I must say, the technician that was here was great. He stuck with it as long as it took and actually listened to what I had to say. 2 previous techs that were here hooked up their test equipment, saw green bars and closed the trouble tickets as "no problem found".

So all is well. Our upload speed is up by about 50% so you should see a bit of an improvement in response. Hopefully that will get even better when I get new hardware built.

Let me know if it seems any snappier...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints