da hell?

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

Re: da hell?

Postby Мастер » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 am

Lance wrote:I thought it was all working right again but then this...

This one seems to be self-correcting.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 am

I just sent myself a PM, it seemed to just open itself and as far as I could see the counter never moved, or if it did, it was over before I could see it change.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:27 am

Enzo wrote:I just sent myself a PM, it seemed to just open itself and as far as I could see the counter never moved, or if it did, it was over before I could see it change.

If your screen looks the same as mine, there is a counter near the top, on the left. If you send yourself a message, and then quickly navigate away (while you're still on that confirmation page which tells you that you will be redirected back to where you were), you can get the counter to go up to one.

As soon as you view your inbox, the counter at the top decrements. If you send yourself a message, you're probably already looking at the inbox, so if you don't do anything to stop the redirection, it will just stay at zero, and you will never see the one (or maybe it is one only for a very short time).

However (again, assuming your settings are the same as mine), there is another counter telling you how many messages you have on the left side, right next to the word "inbox". This one doesn't decrement until you actually read the message.

So one counter goes back down as soon as you look at the inbox and see the directory listing of the new message. The other doesn't go back down until you actually read the message.

At least, that's the way it's working for me.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints