Parallel Universe

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

Parallel Universe

Postby Arneb » Sun May 21, 2017 9:07 am

That was strange.

Yesterday, I visitied the board from my dektop as well as from my phone. That seems to have intermingled with the board migration to the new server. The commentary on the Hertha Leverkusen match was made from the playground. When I got home from the afternoon with the bairns, the desktop computer insisted (even after login) to show a version of the board that was some hours obsolete. It stayed that way for several hours (I made a few comments from the mobile when I was on my drying run in the Haus at around 10 pm). Funnily, no clearing of the cache and erasing the entire browser history would change anything (the browser is set to clear all cookies and history on shutdown anyway).

Late in the evening, I did a Registry Mechanic swipe of the entire system, freeing about 9 GB of disk pace on my boot disk. After that, the two devices were in synch again.

I blame it on two multiverse branes making contact just at the location where my mobile and my desktop meet in hyperdimensional Kaluza Klein space. I mean, how could it be any different?
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Re: Parallel Universe

Postby tubeswell » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

Definitely parallel something happening there.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Re: Parallel Universe

Postby Lance » Mon May 22, 2017 2:02 pm

We lost a few hours of posts when they moved to the new server but I had them pull the database again to get what was lost. In real time, we were only without those posts for about 10-15 minutes. I have no idea why you pulled the previous data for a few hours.

:-k
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints