Rock Star: Suzie McNeil Update

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:43 pm

I originally spoke of Suzie McNeil in the thread Rock Star: INXS - Suzie McNeil. It seems she is in the news again:

Reality TV World wrote:CBS' 'Rock Star 2' to feature members of "existing or defunct bands"

By Steve Rogers, 03/14/2006

CBS still hasn't announced anything about the identity of the band that will front this summer's second edition of Rock Star, but according to executive producer Mark Burnett, the new season will feature a brand new group comprised of members of existing or defunct bands.

According to Burnett, an official announcement should be made by week's end. "(They are) very complicated agreements. You have a TV agreement, record agreement, a tour agreement, and there are a few people in the band," the reality TV producer told The London Free Press during an interview promoting yesterday's open casting call in Toronto.

In addition to revealing that despite all the rumors, Rock Star 2 won't be fronted by an existing lead singer-less band like Van Halen or Alice in Chains, Burnett also disclosed that unlike other reality talent competitions like American Idol, some of Rock Star's first season finalists will be allowed to once again compete on the show's second season. According to the Free Press, Suzie McNeil, a Toronto singer who finished fourth on Rock Star's first season, will be among those returning for a second chance at fronting a Rock Star band.

After getting off to a rocky ratings start and an (eventually dropped) awkward thrice-weekly broadcast schedule in its first season, Burnett expects the CBS reality show to take off in its second season. "Last year was the year to prove ourselves and the integrity that we stood for to the rock community," Burnett boasted to the newspaper. "We're gonna really, really grow this year."

Suzie McNeil
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am

Ooh, the first time I saw Jordis Unga on that show, it made my night. She could come back. She looked good and she could sang.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:26 pm

Jordis caught my eye too. I wasn't watching the show at all until it was just "on" one evening as I walked by the TV. Jordis was singing a "Who" song at the time (IIRC) and I got hooked right then and there.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Music, Television and The Movies