Hello Kettle, you remember me . . .

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Hello Kettle, you remember me . . .

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:01 pm

. . . from the stove? I'm Pot.

George Lucas complaining that only films about white folks get made in Hollywood.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: Hello Kettle, you remember me . . .

Postby Lianachan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:. . . from the stove? I'm Pot.

George Lucas complaining that only films about white folks get made in Hollywood.

There are a couple of great role models for black youth in Star Wars. Darth Vader and Lando.....

Hey, it's even got gay robots in it. How modern is that.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby KLA2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:50 am

Um, that would be the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, about whom the film, The Tuskegee Airmen, was made in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114745/

There were a number of black actors, although it would have been unrealistic to have an all black cast - Eleanor Roosevelt being a notable player.

Sadly,

Trained officers were also left idle, as the plan to shift African-American officers into command slots stalled, and white officers not only continued to hold command, but were joined by additional white officers assigned to post. One rationale behind the non-assignment of trained African-American officers was stated by the commanding officer of the Army Air Forces, General Henry "Hap" Arnold: "Negro pilots cannot be used in our present Air Corps units since this would result in Negro officers serving over white enlisted men creating an impossible social situation
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Music, Television and The Movies