FoxHD

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

FoxHD

Postby Мастер » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:37 pm

We have a channel here which is called FoxHD, and from what I found on the interwebs, it looks like it is the Fox "International" offering. Mostly it seems to offer the more popular American shows, some time after they premiere there.

They have been showing a short advert, a lot. Throughout, the Earth, Wind, and Fire song, "September" (Ba de ya, say do you remember, Ba de ya, dancing in September, Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day) plays, and we see various very brief scenes, which I assume are all from television programmes which might be found on this channel.

One of these shots features a young woman, caucasian, straight brown hair, a bit longer than shoulder-length. She's wearing some sort of sports jersey, and apparently nothing else; however, it is long enough that she would probably be street-legal in most countries. The jersey is dark blue or black, has the white number "99", two white and one orange horizontal stripes near the bottom, it looks like an orange stripe around the collar, and perhaps orange and white stripes around the sleeves (it's hard to see some of the stripes). I thought it might be a Chicago Bears jersey, but after a bit of research, that doesn't seem quite right. It looks like there is some small bit of jewellery, perhaps a pendant of some kind, around her neck.

There is something that looks like a half full liquor bottle (perhaps Captain Jack, but the label is not clearly visible), and two prescription-type pill bottles on a table in front of her, one of them open and on its side, with the pills coming out, some scattered around the table. She is holding a white ceramic coffee mug in one hand, and some iPod or similar device in the other hand, with a white earphone cord. Her surroundings seem to be a room in somebody's (perhaps her) home, rather than an office or other workplace. During the perhaps two seconds or so during which she is in this advert, she is dancing about, presumably to the music coming through the earphones. In the advert, it's the Earth, Wind, and Fire song, but in whatever show this comes from, it might be completely different music. After this extremely brief scene, she continues the dance, but the camera is suddenly zoomed in much closer to her head/shoulders, for another second or so.

So if anyone here has actually scene this, the questions are (1) who is she, and what show is she in, (2) what team's jersey is she wearing, and (3) who is player #99 on that team?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: FoxHD

Postby tubeswell » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 pm

She sounds like an object of fascination
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Enzo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:45 am

Fox has a new show Brooklyn nine-nine

http://www.fox.com/brooklyn-nine-nine/

But it is a farce, so your image of drug abuse sounds like something else. But the number fits.

Fox also covers american football, but seems unlikely they'd promote that by portraying a drugged out fan.

It may not be a specific show reference, but many a scene. They have a bunch of crime dramas, perhaps it is a young girl on drugs about to become dead.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby MM_Dandy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Sounds like Blue Mountain State. But that looks like it's not on FOX, and possibly cancelled.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Мастер » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 pm

A little checking on the two suggestions, and I haven't found anything that causes me to say "that's it!" But, I suck at recognising faces, and it could also be that I just haven't looked in the right places.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Well, football jerseys, NFL anyways, do not have horizontal bars below the numbers.

You could write to Fox...
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby tubeswell » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Good idea

I'll start it:

"Dear Fox,
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Мастер » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

I saw the show!

Not a show I watch, but I had the television on earlier, was working on the computer, and it came on. Then I looked up at just the right time, and recognised the scene from the advert.

It's The Mentalist. Series 2, Episode 3. I would say the actress is Robin Tunney, of Chicago, who is a series regular.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Actually, I'd say I must have the show on sometimes, because one of the other actors looks really familiar to me. But I must not pay attention, because I really can't think of anything about it, any of the story lines, anything like that.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:16 pm

The show is ok for the first couple of seasons but goes on far too long, as any successful US does.

[NFL nerd] If it is a Bears jersey it will be a Dan Hampton throwback.[/NFL nerd]

Edit: I just found the clip and it isn't a Bears jersey it is some kind of replica/knockoff with the character's name on it.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm

The Mentalist ended a couple of years ago. We watched it. It was pretty good.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby g-one » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:05 pm

99 is Gretzky (The Great One)'s number. He's like the Pele of hockey. He led the NHL's Edmonton Oilers to 4 Stanley Cups.
https://www.nhl.com/news/wayne-gretzky- ... =283865022

striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby g-one » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:34 am

I was unable to find said clip, can Mactep or Heid the Ba' confirm if it's the above jersey?
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Heid the Ba » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:42 am

It isn't Gretzky, it looks a bit like a Bears jersey, but with extra stripes and "LISBON" on the back.

Here.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Return to Music, Television and The Movies