Shark week

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Shark week

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 am

So it is or was Shark Week, at least on the TV. SyFy channel had lots of really stupid shark movies.

I don't care for shark movies, Jaws does nothing for me. And when I heard a while back that they made Sharknado, I shook my head.

But one thing leads to another and... we wound up watching these dumb movies. Now the mainstream TV ran things like Jaws, but SyFy ran things like "Sharknado2: the second one". And Sharktopus. Half shark, half octopus. Sharktopus vs Pteracuda. (Flying dinosaur with baracuda head.) 2-headed shark attack. Oddly enough the thing kept finding pairs of people in the water to chomp on. And in a related genre, Piranhaconda.

Sharknado2: the second one, I have to admit was pretty funny. It was over the top. Cameos from just everyone. Even Jarred from Subway was in it. The gore was cartoonish, mainly the sharks just went GLOMPH and someone was gone, with a red mist on the screen for a moment. The TV weather man showing the weather map with the sharknado bearing down on the city.

And lest i forget, Sand Sharks. Yes, they swim through the sand on the beach instead of in the water. See the fin cruising down the beach.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Shark week

Postby tubeswell » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 am

Thanks Enzo. Sharknado2 is now on my bucket list
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Re: Shark week

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:21 am

And SyFy has already confirmed Sharknado 3, to premier Summer 2015.

And of course: How to Survive a Real-Life Sharknado by Bear Grylls
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Music, Television and The Movies