Dr Who

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Dr Who

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:58 pm

I had Fawlty Towers on the television, and this came on afterwards. Some fellow called The Doctor travelled to Sherwood Forest and met someone who apparently is known as Robin the Hood. Among one of the more odd features of this programme was the manner in which several of the characters helped a spaceship achieve orbit. This craft, hovering just above the earth's surface, nearly motionless, was able to make it to orbit with the help of the additional kinetic energy from an arrow bounced off of it. I'm not sure whether the arrow was made of some supermassive material (it was supposedly gold), or whether the large craft was really, really light.

However, more to my point today, I looked up the Wikipedia page on this programme. It mentioned that the very first episode was broadcast the day after Jack Kennedy had his head shot off. :? :-? :???:

Post your conspiratorial explanations for this "coincidence" here.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Dr Who

Postby tubeswell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:00 am

The bullet must've ricochetted off JFKs skull and slammed into the TARDIS with enough kinetic energy to place the latter in stable orbit.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Re: Dr Who

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 pm

I was wondering when the new version would go bad. Although, to be fair, I understand that several WTF moments occurred already way back on the first Doctor's watch, and the show managed to plod along for a few more years, anyway.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Return to Music, Television and The Movies