Stranger Things

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Stranger Things

Postby Lianachan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Finished watching the last (second) season of this the other night, although another one has been announced and there should be at least one more after that.

I commend it to the house. It is the lovechild of The Goonies and X-Files, as a sci-fi/horror series featuring kids cutting about the place on bikes and a mysterious gubmint facility up to who-knows-what on the outskirts of the small 1980's town it's set in.

Although the main characters in it are young teenagers (13 or so), the acting in it is absolutely first rate and they (and the adults, including Winona Ryder) have scooped up a vast collection of awards.

In addition to top-notch acting, it's well written and beautifully shot. The soundtrack is excellent, with an electronic score intentionally reminiscent of Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, etc, and numerous songs from the 80's interspersed throughout.

If you have Netflix, get it watched!
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Re: Stranger Things

Postby Lance » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 pm

I have the first season downloaded and will watch it one day. I hear nothing but good about it.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Return to Music, Television and The Movies