Lost in Space

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Lost in Space

Postby Lianachan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Watched the first of the new Lost In Space last Friday night, and ended up binge watching the lot over the weekend. Different from the original series - takes itself a lot more seriously, the setting, premise and some of the characters are very different. It's very good indeed, highly recommended to sci-fi enthusiasts.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Re: Lost in Space

Postby g-one » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for the tip. This is the first mention I've even heard of it.
Oh, netflix, never mind.
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby tubeswell » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:11 am

Yes I saw that on Netflix, so I started watching last weekend. Seen the first 4 episodes for far.

The best aspect seems to be the emerging character represented by insidiously scheming-yet-flakey 'Dr Smith', who despite now being recast as a criminal female, is still the treacherous dastardly individualist who is bent on self-preservation - even if it is to the detriment of all others.

I was thinking about this afterwards and reflecting that this same attribute was what made the original TV series so compelling for me back in the sixties.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Lianachan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 am

tubeswell wrote:Yes I saw that on Netflix, so I started watching last weekend. Seen the first 4 episodes for far.

The best aspect seems to be the emerging character represented by insidiously scheming-yet-flakey 'Dr Smith', who despite now being recast as a criminal female, is still the treacherous dastardly individualist who is bent on self-preservation - even if it is to the detriment of all others.

I was thinking about this afterwards and reflecting that this same attribute was what made the original TV series so compelling for me back in the sixties.

Indeed. She's a lot darker than the original, too. As is the Robot.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lianachan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:04 am

The original is being repeated on the Horror Channel we have here. Huzzah! I love how every week, the family are trusting Dr Smith again as if they'd totally forgotten him trying to kill/abandon/exploit them last episode, and every episode.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Music, Television and The Movies