Jurassic World too...

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Jurassic World too...

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:28 am

SO we piled into the Lexus and went to a movie early today. Out before noon to get to a 12:15 show. Plenty of seats.

One of those theaters with the big easy chair seats. A button on the arm and a motor rolls you back and brings up a leg rest. Comfortable. A couple little kids a couple rows back got rubber ducks from the Duck Lady. We don't eat at the movies.

So it was the new Jurassic World sequel. I yawned a lot. Maybe it was just too early. Had the same two young people from teh previous one. the woman is now some sort of Save the Whales type, except for dinosaurs. The guy was the fellow who had trained raptors before. They wind up talking him out of retirement for the film. You got the little kid, you got the old man. You have the old man's son, a business type. You got your great white hunter guy for the boots on the ground parts. And lots of big lizards. The two good guys have another couple folks on their team.

It is pretty obvious who is good guy, who is bad guy, who is a victim caught up in something. Or at least close enough. There are no surprises. I found myself once again, "He gets eaten, he doesn't, etc" The big lizards seem to do OK for them selves. Right away we see evidence of foul play or ulterior motives. Perils arise and are faced. There is duplicity, there is doublecrossing. And I decided early on that a certain character would be the one to come in and save the day at some point.

I found it kinda slow a lot, it was dark too much for me.

Hey, the great white hunter is Captain Stottlemeyer, I'd know that voice anywhere!!

Overall, the movie was paid for on a gift card from the wife's brother. We both agreed, at least we were not out any cash.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Jurassic World too...

Postby Lianachan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 am

The theatre sounds great. The movie, maybe not so much.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 am

I thought it was rather lame.

Clare didn’t even run from dinosaurs in her high heels this time.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby wring » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Yeah. Baby bro (who also gave us the Lexus), gave us gift card for the movies as Christmas present several years ago. We've still got one more visit left.

Predictable, yep. Used some of the same gags as first movie. And, as opposed to the classic Indiana Jones pulls out the gun, shoots guy where the second time it was a way to set up a new gag, this one just, well, used the same gags. Some dumb things (not as egregious as the giant T Rex getting out of the ships hold, eating everyone, then jumping back in and locking it behind itself from the second Jurassic Park), but dumb none the less (little girl runs off, good guy goes after her - she's lived in this mansion the size of a great hotel her whole life, he's never been there before, yet he finds her directly).

Told son about it - he'd been to a double feature and recommended Incredibles 2. Wished we'd consulted him in the first place.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby tubeswell » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 pm

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Return to Music, Television and The Movies