Great moments

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Great moments

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:48 am

SO in another thread we alluded to the Shatner character in an episode of Twilight Zone. Nightmare at 20,000 feet. The guy saw a gremlin on the wing of the airliner in flight. Classic episode. Zaniness ensues.

Years later, they decide to remake the Twilight Zone movie, and John Lithgow plays the Shatner character. He sees a gremlin on the wing while in flight, and zaniness ensues.

Even later Lithgow plays the head of a group of aliens on earth in 3rd Rock from the Sun, a silly sitcom. They are posing as teh Solomon family as a disguise. They report to a not seen boss, the Big Giant Head. Head comes to visit earth, and is played by Bill Shatner. They meet him at the airport, and when asking how his flight was...

The Solomons first meet the Big Giant Head in person when he arrived by plane at their local airport, in an obviously agitated state. When asked about his flight, he responded "Horrifying, at first. I looked out the window and ... I saw something on the wing of the plane", to which Dick responded "The same thing happened to meeee!"

And bless their hearts, they did not linger on it or even explain it. You either got the gag or you didn't.

One of my all time favorite TV moments.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Great moments

Postby Мастер » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:37 pm

I recently saw a rerun in which the big giant head did the Star Wars think, revealing that he was John Lithgow's father.

This led to one of the other aliens commenting, your first name is "Dick", your last name is "Head" . . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:45 am

I've never seen that show. I'm thinking I may have to search it out.
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am

As with all sitcoms it starts well but goes on too long.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:41 pm

A little of that show goes a long way for me, a trifle too silly. But that one shining moment sticks with me.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Music, Television and The Movies