'Tis the season

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

'Tis the season

Postby Enzo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:27 am

Ah, the year is winding to a close, and it is time for the annual train trip to see the family for Xmas. The wife and I will pile into the truck and take off later this evening for that.

Merry Christmas to all.

Look out Cleveland.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby wring » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:39 pm

So, it's 10:30 and you haven't walked in the door yet - truck napping or errand running? Hurry, I have something I want to post before we leave but after you've left any access to a computer...
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Merry Christmas, and enjoy your trip.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Enzo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks.

Alright, darling, I am doing errands, but I am logging off the internet now, so go ahead and do your damage.

Dumb broad...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby wring » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Enzo wrote:Alright, darling, I am doing errands, but I am logging off the internet now, so go ahead and do your damage.
Ok just in case you weren't telling the truth, I'll spolier it[spoiler]I started, as usual, last winter, wondering what I should do. I consulted w/friends locally who voiced their opinions. Problem was I had two ideas and I really wanted to do both. So, I ended up doing exactly that. First – the cups. Every single day, Enzo says to me, as I pass his little “place” in the living room, “Don’t knock over my drink”. Every. Single. Day. You might ask, “is she in the habit of doing so?” Nope, I’ve bumped into his drink, like twice, maybe three times in the decades I’ve been around him. He maintains it’s due to his diligence. I maintain he’s an asshole. But I digress. So, I opted for nice, demure, subtle plastic cups (big bright yellow with his face about two inches tall saying “don’t knock over my drink”). So, every time since then that he’s said “don’t knock over my drink” I giggle to myself. I of course, started handing them out last spring, and asked people to take pictures of themselves drinking from same. I also sent a bunch out to his sister whose house we'll be at for Christmas.

So, what will happen is that we’ll arrive at Sister in Law ’s house in DC on Christmas Eve, weary from our journey. She, the perfect hostess, will naturally offer us a beverage, she’ll go to her cupboard, open it and… a shelf full of big yellow Enzo cups. He’ll sigh and be exasperated and think “well, that’s that anyhow”. But nay, that won’t be that. Sometime on Christmas, he’ll open up a thoughtful nice large photo album with pictures of various people (some he knows, some he doesn’t) drinking from the cup. There will, of course, be a picture of our cat drinking from the cup as well. I’ve also placed that picture on a travel mug for him. Thoughtful, aren’t I? Anyhow, he’ll again think, “That’s it”. But no, at the end of the gift unwrapping, there will be the traditional “Enzo gift”, the big red bone shaped chip clips with his face saying “I’ve got a bone to pick with you” . You can never have too many chip clips, n’est-ce-pas? I think not, since I got enough of those little puppies to hand out all year at restaurants as part of our tip.

Which brings me to the final moment of this years gift – I’ve already talked to a couple of restaurants where we’re known, and well, the next time he goes there after Christmas, they’ll serve his beverage in a nice big yellow cup!

A friend of mine has told me that she'll testify at his trial "your honor, she was really asking for it".

[/spoiler]

Don't peek until I tell you that you can dear.

Maybe folks should be planning out my funeral?
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 am

I thought this was one of the best yet and I'm glad I could take part in it!
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby tubeswell » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:01 am

Merry misappropriated pagan festival to y'all
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby KLA2 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:23 am

Thanks, Tubes. Merry solstice right back at ya! :D

wring, that's sweet, full of love and humour. A very merry to both of you!

And to everyone on this board!!!
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Arneb » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:21 am

A very Merry Christmas to everyone here, whatever the Christmas days do or do not mean to you. It's wonderful to be here.

Thanks, Lance, for this friendly and neighbourly place.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Return to Here There Be Llamas