Citizen patriots

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Citizen patriots

Postby Enzo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Today was election day in the USA. Local elections here and there. Lansing elected a Mayor, here in Mason we had a pair of millage for schools options. We always vote, since we live across the street from the polls. And we always walk to the brewery after voting to celebrate our citizenship.

I had another brown ale, the wife had a blonde stout. While in the brewery, we ran into a guy who knows me professionally, and he bought me another pint. We chatted a while, and wring gave him a duckie. So I got a glow on.

We managed to find our way back to the home, chatted in the lobby with other residents.

The gourmet food truck that parks by the brewery was inside talking to us, and wring connected with them about maybe supplying some of her cranberry mustard.

Just another day in the life of a citizen.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Citizen patriots

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Our town just voted to devolve from it's current form (9 member council + plus city manager) to it's previous form (5 member council). Under the previous form, an audit discovered that our finances were in complete disarray, we had neglected to pay taxes for several years, and it was discovered that sloppy bidding procedures allowed a council member's company to win a construction bid.

I shouldn't be surprised. This is the same town that voted to effectively ban wind towers in the county, overwhelmingly voted for Trump, and keeps electing buffoons like Jim Bolin (he keeps wanting to cut funding to schools while telling them what they can do [ie. teach intelligent design, etc.]) to office.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Re: Citizen patriots

Postby Мастер » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:56 am

I think the last time I voted was 2010.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Here There Be Llamas