Bill,, meet Billy

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

Bill,, meet Billy

Postby Enzo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 am

Bill, my friend and former business partner, met up with us at the hibachi grille/sushi this past afternoon. We haven't gathered in a while. Just the three of us. Bill's wife is off working a project in Oklahoma. Our other friend Sue sometimes joins us, but she is still dealing with an amputation, and not up to wandering out. And the young man I mentor is a valued addition, but as a Millennial, it is near impossible to work him into a schedule.

But we three caught up just fine.

We sat there for three hours, and talked about just everything. But Bill had been in Las Vegas recently, and had a tale to tell. Bill has an upscale executive friend who got them front row center seats for a ZZ Top show in Vegas. Bill is a professional musician, and very talented with the guitar. Compared to me, the talent-less guitar hack. Bill once tried to say something nice about my playing. "Zo, I love the way you play, it is so...honest."

Bill is a big guy, maybe 6'-3", not thin, and has a beard down to his waist. Often he wears the beard in a braid, but at the ZZ Top show, he wore it free in their honor.

I had heard he had a story, so we sat down and I asked about it. He told me it was the cooles thing he ever had happen at a concert. Billl was watching Billy Gibbons play, and was interested to see how he played certain licks. Gibbons was noodling between songs and look up, spotting Bill, and froze. He says into the mic "YOU! COme here."

Now along with the front row seats, they had been instructed, no matter what, do NOT try to go on stage. We'll throw you oout. So poor Bill is torn. Stay off the stage, or obey the beckon from the stage. He decided, screw it, I get to meet ZZTop, if I get tossed, Oh well. SO he stepped up, Billy Gibbons turns him around to face the audience, and says "Now THAT is a beard."

MY beard comes down just past my nipples, but Bill's hits his navel, so kudos to him. SO Bill got called out, got to meet a great guitarist, and has a great story to tell.

Plus he sprang for lunch.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Bill,, meet Billy

Postby Мастер » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 pm

:=D:
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Arneb » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Now I lnow what these things are good for.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Lance » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Mine doesn't reach the bottom of my neck, and is getting annoying. No stage for me.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Lance wrote:Mine doesn't reach the bottom of my neck, and is getting annoying. No stage for me.

More or less how I feel.

On three separate occasions, I went well past the point, “I was too busy to shave today”. And on three occasions, I could not have told you one hour before (much as Porforiy Petrovich told Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov) that it would happen, but I promptly decided to shave it off.

I lack Enzo’s constancy of purpose and resolution. Weeks, months of progress, promptly undone by a moment of weakness. Three times.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 pm

At first a beard is stiff and wiry, not comfortable, especially on the skin of your date. But after a week or so, it starts to lie down and feel softer. I went off to college some 50 years ago, and stopped shaving when I got there. I can't claim much resolution other than not bothering to shave. Now the very idea of scraping hair off my face seems foreign.

My chin hair reaches pretty far, but up top, my hair doesn't even reach my scalp.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

I rock well trimmed goatee, never grown it longer.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:12 pm

My hair grows at a glacial pace. I go from clean shaven to 5 o'clock shadow in about 3 days. I think the longest I've gone without shaving is somewhere on the order of 3 months, which amounts to a scruff, rather than a beard.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Мастер » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:17 am

MM_Dandy wrote:My hair grows at a glacial pace. I go from clean shaven to 5 o'clock shadow in about 3 days. I think the longest I've gone without shaving is somewhere on the order of 3 months, which amounts to a scruff, rather than a beard.

Is the long time it took you to respond because you were doing some hair-growth controlled experiments?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Arneb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:19 am

Same here, three weeks without a blade during my vacation and people think I am giving a nod to Yassir Arafat.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Return to Here There Be Llamas