President Donald J. Trump

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:48 am

They also didn't ask for confirmation that those registering were over 18 so now illegally hold info on minors.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Arneb » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 pm

[Trump mode]Hah! those pesky minors and their trolling tricks. We'll throw all these lowlifes out of the country now that we have theri data. That'll teach them[\Trump mode].
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Not that it matters all that much, but Team Trump is now 0.5 for 2 in blocking tell-all books. They'd be 0 for 2, but Bolton is an idiot, and it seems likely that Uncle Sam will end up with all of his profits.

In other news, very bad opinion haver and poster child for arguing from hypotheticals, Ben Shapiro quipped that BLM, or Antifa, or some other bogeymen want to blow up Mount Rushmore. In short order, Governor Noem heroically proclaimed "Not on my watch!" and Trump scheduled a visit during Independence Day, complete with a fireworks display, despite a long-standing ban in the area due to fire hazard.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Arneb » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:55 am

Hah! That'll teach Antifa to hide out in the woods with their dynamite and all.
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 am

It's Fredos all the way down, isn't it?
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby g-one » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Watch one of the faces get blown off to make room for the Supreme Idiot.
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby tubeswell » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:17 pm

Ha! So Trump must be counting on his fireworks starting a fire at Mt Rushmore, so he can blame ANTIFA. Those Antifians! (whoever they are and wherever they're hiding)

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Heid the Ba » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 pm

I would suggest Operation Bagration was larger, but I take the point.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Richard A » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 pm

And D-Day makes the point that antifa can also be patriotic American.
Richard A
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Arneb » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 am

Amid fireworks at Mount Rushmore, Donald Trump makes it clear (again) that he does not intend to be a President for all Americans. Disgracing as it is, turning a festive event for the entire nation into a charging campaign speech, it also marks a clear statement as towards campaign strategy: Mobilize the base, and everone else fuck off. That is different to 2016, when two thirds of the large contingent of undecided voters, in their aversion-aversion conflict, broke for Trump and helped him over the hurdle in the important swing states.

That gives me some hope that Trumpt might actually lose the election. The strategy helps if you are an unpopular candidate against another unpopular cadidate and have two groups voting for you: The believers and the ones thinking you're the lesser evil. It does not work when your opposition is well-known, and popular, as Joe Biden seems to be right now. It would probably too late for Trump to eat chalk now, don a mask and vistit homeless shelters and Covid ICUs, but it's significant that he says,in the clearest terms possible, that he won't try.

My prediction is this will not be a wise decision. Remember March/April when he dabbled in a role of Donald-Who-Takes-the-Crisis-Head-On. His net favourability rating rose to -5 %, the best since his honeymoon days in February 2016.Had he followed through on it, appearing at crisis hotspots everywhere, encouraging people to tough it out in lockdown, who knows what popularity he might have gained, especially among the demographic that helped him win `16. He might have gained a leg on Biden, who couldn*t do more than send video messages from home. Alright, he tried to profit on that calling Biden Sleepy Joe, but in essence, he didn't do a lot more than Biden, only that his home videos were from the Rose Garden or the Oral Office.

I do hope he made a really, really, bad decision there.
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby tubeswell » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:05 am

His 8 minutes of off-topic rant at the SpaceX Crew Dragon launch in May was similarly cringeworthy (speech starts at 15:45min - his comments on 'what's happening in Minnesota' start at 16:20min, his comments on the protesters start at 18:00 min, his accusations about 'Antifa' start at 18:30, and his administration 'stopping mob violence cold' at 20:30min and again at 21:30min - and as he turns his head from side to side, he looks like he's reading cue cards. He finally got onto the launch at 24:00min)

Watch on youtube.com
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby g-one » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:35 pm

Speaking of Rushmore...

g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Мастер » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:05 pm

I have no problem recognising the person on the right side of the photo, but maybe some help identifying the others?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby g-one » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:29 pm

From L to R:
Cosby, Weinstein, Epstein, The Don of the Swamp
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby MM_Dandy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Scheduling a campaign rally on Juneteenth and praising manifest destiny at Mt. Rushmore is so far into Poe territory, I'm speechless. He and his people can't possibly be that stupid, can they?

EDIT: Sorry, that's Hanlin's Razor, not Poe's Law.
POST-EDIT: Hanlon's Razor, even.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:39 pm

No, so much of it can only be deliberate.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:35 pm

Very much so.
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:42 pm

Trump took a bit of a tadgering at the Supreme Court yesterday. Even his handpicked drunk rapey judge found his conscience.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:38 am

Oh, I am getting concerned.

It happened recently at Lafayette PArk in Washington - unidentified armed forces pushing protesters around. Now in Portland, Oregon, now unidentified federal military forces are in the street, and they are grabbing people off the street and whisking them away in unmarked cars. The people, found themselves in a cell in what turned out to be a federal building. They were never charged with anything, and no explanation given them. We found that they were renting vehicles from local car rental agencies apparently makes ID harder. It is still unclear what agency they were with. But there it is, unmarked secret police kidnapping citizens off the street. No identification, no indication of agency. SOme of the detainees were scared, they thought these might be right wing militia guys trying to start their revolution.

The governor as well as the mayor contacted the feds and said "Get your troops out of my city". The locals had been setting up a dialog with the area protests, and the fed soldiers came in in camo and assault rifles and escalated things, destroying said dialog. LAter some federal official said they were part of some unit protecting our monuments and stuff, yet these protesters were nowhere near ANY sort of monuments, federal or otherwise.

We all know Trump is at odds with the CDC. He wants to open everything up to get the economy growing. The CDC wants is to wear masks and distance ourselves so we don't have 200,000 dead from it by Labor Day. Hospitals all over report statistical data to the CDC, who compile them and present daily deaths, infections, etc. Well, Mr.Trump has told all hospitals to stop sending data to the CDC and instead send ALL data to the White House. What could possibly go wrong??? I suspect almost immediately the death tolls and infection numbers will plummet, as the president hides the numbers, lies about them, and misrepresents them.

Dictator's handbook: first thing, control the information, control the media.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:47 pm

I’ve been fretting about the same things, but wondering more about how to get that info to the CDC. Surely they (the hospital admin) can send it to the CDC still, against what are clearly politicized orders.

And so few Republicans are standing against this - WTF? Party over country - disgusting.
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 pm

And there is no shortage of discussion over what if Trump loses. Unless he loses by like a 90% margin, there is every expectation he will loose his bands of lawyers to challenge the result in every state, hell every county if need be. he may be unwilling to leave. I'd think the army would be loyal to the USA, but he is already sending them into the streets as I just posted.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby MM_Dandy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:24 pm

A colleague of mine, whom I thought highly of until just a few short days ago, posted that The Argus Leader must be run by liberal hacks, because they didn't print his letter to the editor. A letter which repeated the claim that Hitler defunded or abolished the local police forces in Germany in the waning days of the Weimar Republic, which then somehow made it easier for the Nazis to take over. I responded, pointing out the the Nazi claim was demonstrably false, and that what the Nazis did instead was to more or less federalize the police, and added paramilitary units. And what have we now just seen?

Oh, and to add to the irony - he later posted a clip of Ben Carson calling the BLM a fundamentally communist movement. I guess he just forgot that Hitler and the Nazis hated communists and successfully scapegoated them for the Reichstag Fire, leading to the issuing of the Reichstag Fire Decree, which suspended habeas corpus, therefore legitimizing the rounding up (ie. "disappearing") of said communists. But naw, those BLM guys are the real Nazis?
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Enzo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 am

Well, turns out he was asked if he will accept the results of the election and he told the interviewer that "We'll have to see". All those mail in ballots will rig the election.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Arneb » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:51 am

I'm starting to pray that the night of the election, some Army, or Navy or Joint Chiefs of Staff guy will coolly raise an eyebrow and tell him, here's the phone, Mr. President. You WILL congratulate Mr. Biden on his victory, won't you. Ten years ago, I would have laughed at the very idea.

It is to the GOP's eternal and irredeemeable shame they allowed this to happen.
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:10 am

I think all this talk is overblown.

If they have to drag a 74 year out out-of-shape man out of his office, I expect they'll do it discreetly and off camera.

Arneb wrote:here's the phone, Mr. President. You WILL congratulate Mr. Biden on his victory, won't you.

A conversation between Trump and Biden? If we're lucky, we'll be able to figure out what they're trying to say.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events and Politics